Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Some people who carry guns for self-defense would flee a mob attacking their home?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Out too much nonsense.
    Last edited by ndmiller; 10-21-20 at 14:41. Reason: Out too much nonsense.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Ok I've never faced down a mob. I work in an office, am successful, have a family and enjoy spending time with them and watching the kids grow up. My family depends on me so throwing away my life and theirs in the process to defend against a mob isn't Politically Correct. But if it is then I'm politically correct and will live to file the insurance claim.

From a plan situation every member of my house can head shot a moving target with a hostage at 25 yards in the dark using an off-hand flashlight in less than 2 seconds from initial draw. But we're still leaving when attacked by a mob.
    The insurance company may not give you penny. It's in the policy. (Generally)

You also will have armed the mob with weapons you didnt leave with and provided them food, shelter, and a good time in general. This will encourage them to keep it up.

You'll have to live with knowing you let the barbarians take your home and all the things you worked for because you chose to flee.

That doesn't make you feel like a peasant? Without honor and defeated but alive?

Feedback Score
    The likelihood of a 'mob' wandering to the far reaches of my armed guard gated development is quite negligible, actually almost non-existent, but I enjoy hypothetical discussions.
    Is the 'mob' merely protesting another alleged inequality and wandering through a wealthy suburb? Or are they actively looting, setting fires, invading homes? Let's say the latter, blm/antifa running amok in suburbia, LE response not happening, minimal, or standing down, your ability to escape blocked due to debris, burning cars, roadblocks and the like. Pop quiz, whatcha gonna do?
    Well, assuming the onslaught is a short distance (50-75yds) from your humble abode, a possible scenario is to use that scoped AR with the the 40 rd mag and start removing the front line fodder coming your way, if you can identify the 'leaders', well, that is why you took that long range shooting class isn't it? It's also the reason you have more than one AR and can switch weapons quickly; and the reason you have x number of pre loaded mags isn't it ? If the social situation deteriorates to such a level then all bets are off. When the smoke clears pick up the brass you loaded wearing gloves and throw them into the lake or sewer. All hypothesis and conjecture, but makes for fun discussion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This video from Mas Ayoob and Marty Hayes at ACLDN discusses self defense/deadly force in the content of mobs and riots. It's about ~55 minutes long, and there are no critical visuals so you can play it in the background and listen. Topics include disparities in force, vehicle preparation, viability of long guns, and others.

In these troubled times, a major concern is being unwittingly caught up in riots. I recently did a video on that as a public service for Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. ACLDN (armedcitizensnetwork.org), where I’ve served on the advisory board for a dozen or so years.

Budget yourself almost an hour to watch. Founded by Marty Hayes, who did the video with me, ACLDN was the first of the post-incident support groups for armed citizens forced to defend themselves.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Some people who carry guns for self-defense would flee a mob attacking their home?

Inside or outside the home, it doesn't matter. Were you legitimately in fear for you and/or your family's life? A mob with any sort of fireable armament directed toward my home is a justifiable shoot, whether they have guns or a molotov cocktail.

Perhaps you are in a position to flee. We are at the end of a dead end street with a substantial wall behind us. If the mob is at my house, there is nothing to do except fight.

This is an extraordinarily unlikely event, but it is abundantly clear as to my rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Oper8or View Post
    Inside or outside the home, it doesn't matter. Were you legitimately in fear for you and/or your family's life? A mob with any sort of fireable armament directed toward my home is a justifiable shoot, whether they have guns or a molotov cocktail.

Perhaps you are in a position to flee. We are at the end of a dead end street with a substantial wall behind us. If the mob is at my house, there is nothing to do except fight.

This is an extraordinarily unlikely event, but it is abundantly clear as to my rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure living somewhere without an escape route is a good idea. That would be something to try to correct regardless. Ladders?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    "Stand you ground"/"Castle Doctrine".

I'm stayin' home and goin' done with the ship if need be- assuming mere rioters.
    If LE/MIL flips and comes for "Us"- another story/Plan B or C.

And oh- "Wolverines!!".
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    The likelihood of a 'mob' wandering to the far reaches of my armed guard gated development is quite negligible, actually almost non-existent, but I enjoy hypothetical discussions.
    Is the 'mob' merely protesting another alleged inequality and wandering through a wealthy suburb? Or are they actively looting, setting fires, invading homes? Let's say the latter, blm/antifa running amok in suburbia, LE response not happening, minimal, or standing down, your ability to escape blocked due to debris, burning cars, roadblocks and the like. Pop quiz, whatcha gonna do?
    Well, assuming the onslaught is a short distance (50-75yds) from your humble abode, a possible scenario is to use that scoped AR with the the 40 rd mag and start removing the front line fodder coming your way, if you can identify the 'leaders', well, that is why you took that long range shooting class isn't it? It's also the reason you have more than one AR and can switch weapons quickly; and the reason you have x number of pre loaded mags isn't it ? If the social situation deteriorates to such a level then all bets are off. When the smoke clears pick up the brass you loaded wearing gloves and throw them into the lake or sewer. All hypothesis and conjecture, but makes for fun discussion.
    I appreciate your thoughts and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Not completely true. If it's a battle I know I can't win, I would choose to live and fight another day.

If I die fighting for it, knowing it's a losing battle, what exactly have I accomplished? Now they have killed me and destroyed my home.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    I'll stay and kill so many of them that they wont try it on anyone else's home and if their aint 50 of them, they wont get mine, either. When you kill 10 in 3 seconds, the rest flee.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The idea that you could gather enough retards to terrorize the neighborhoods is absurd. If somehow things got that out of control, I would kill every single shitbag I could get in my sights.
    You sir, are a real man.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast