Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Some people who carry guns for self-defense would flee a mob attacking their home?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I was referring to the OP where it says that it is worth dying for.....dying is loosing

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Ok yea, worth fighting for..... One thing I have learned of the tactics of the current mobs, a few drop and most run.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I was in a discussion about this and very surprised to hear the number of guys that advocated fleeing their home should the unlikely but highest-stakes event occur of a mob attacking their home.
    Running INTO the mob; awesome idea.

IF I hafta bug out (and where I am, I might have to), it will still be done on MY terms - NOT the mob's.

But I'm also prepared to play "Alamo," if need be. Yes, I KNOW John Wayne dies at the end. But if I can expend MOST of my ammo in a judicious effort first, than I'll have saved some poor farmer over in OH from having to face some of these goblins. And with fewer to face, he'll save some farmer over in IL the same trouble. And so on down the line.

I live life with a clear conscience and a light heart. I'll damn sure live free or die in my own home. Death is not the worst of evils.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Out too much nonsense.
    Last edited by ndmiller; 10-21-20 at 14:42. Reason: Out too much nonsense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I actually pre nuked them from space already as I said. Infinity.
    It's funny you say that, my work email ends in @SpaceForce.mil Far cry from my time in the Army.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Um, I’m a single father with two kids. If a mob comes up my street and starts rando burning/looting my neighborhood, I’m 100% leaving. And hopefully without firing a shot.

My place is defensible up to a point, but it can also be overrun. And it’s up to me to know the difference.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think it's wise to tell anyone anything. Honestly, im not sure what id do, it's all situation dependent but my end goal is always going to be the same, stay alive.

Feedback Score
    For those who disagree:

Your home is just "stuff"? So, is your country just the place your house happens to be that just has your "stuff" in it?

If one isn't going to kill and possibly die to defend their home or country why all the semi-auto guns and gear other than just for fun?

If the plan is to run away every time you're threatened with grievous bodliy harm all of you guys should only own a revolver or two.

Yes, I realize this is highly unlikely, but it's not unwise to have a plan.

What if it's not a mob? How about five intruders? Two? Is leaving based on whether you think you can tactically win? Or just avoiding killing at all costs?

I'm trying to understand.
    Last edited by Ron3; 10-20-20 at 23:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    I don't think it's wise to tell anyone anything. Honestly, im not sure what id do, it's all situation dependent but my end goal is always going to be the same, stay alive.
    It's just a hypothetical, we aren't discussing what alarm you have on your house, how many dogs, where you keep your guns, or any specific strategy. Only if you would defend your house at all. (I'm asking "at all", now)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    Um, I’m a single father with two kids. If a mob comes up my street and starts rando burning/looting my neighborhood, I’m 100% leaving. And hopefully without firing a shot.

My place is defensible up to a point, but it can also be overrun. And it’s up to me to know the difference.

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Well, if the kids are too young to fight, I can see that.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Out too much nonsense.
    Last edited by ndmiller; 10-21-20 at 14:41. Reason: Out too much nonsense.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast