Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The new GMC HUMMER

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    Armed with the knowledge that the commercial was CGI, and the final product will likely look a little bit different...I still think it's cool. Fully electric vehicles are here to stay; eventually they will get cheaper and at least this thing does not look like that hideous Tesla monstrosity that was likely drawn by the kindergartener of a Tesla designer.

But what I really need is GM to make the same style truck with the same tech on the same size frame, and then stuff a small diesel into it and knock 40 or 50 grand off the sticker.
    That's what kind of blew my mind about the Tesla Cybertruck. I mean, the Model S is pretty stylish and the other passenger models aren't horrible. (except the price)

Like you said, like a child drew it up with crayons.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Well if the Tesla is made of as thick a gauge of 300 series stainless as they claim, you cannot really hydroform the material. So they’re probably scoring the back side of it and folding it to meet and then welding. So you end up with the shape, and the structural integrity being in the shell as stated since there is no ladder frame acting as a structural member.

I’m in the minority in liking the Tesla design and material choice. No paint to chip, scratch, fade or peel. Stainless steel that is unlikely to rust, and a thick enough gauge to also be nearly impervious to hail if not completely impervious. Same for the glass. If the range and performance claims are met with all the other claims for the stated price it will be a functional bargain.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I kinda like the Tesla truck. I like simple designs. Don't care for the modern spaceship looks

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The Rivian looks pretty good. It's more of a conventional styled pickup.

Two electric Harleys two Rivians (main focus in on the bikes and riders) are on a road trip documentary called Long Way Up. 13,000 mile trek from Argentina to S California. Very good show.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 10-23-20 at 12:01.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They are saying 300 mile range. That is commensurate with MANY modern gas vehicles.

I may need one....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Well, when those fancy electronics fail (and they will, it’s GM) your EV is just as useless as the gas/diesel guys.
    Well DUH, on a LONG ENOUGH TIME LINE, EVERYONE IS WALKING or riding a jackass....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Well DUH, on a LONG ENOUGH TIME LINE, EVERYONE IS WALKING or riding a jackass....
    I suppose so. The thing is, I’ve been working on GM (and everything else) for the last 10 years. I would not want to depend on their electronics at the end of times.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    In all fairness, and electric truck is much more SHTF worthy than a gas or diesel one.

I can't think of, or don't know how to make my own petroleum. I also don't stockpile gas in any amounts considered 'serious'.

I can think of many ways to trickle charge a battery.
    You could probably haul quite a few deployable solar panels in the bed. How about a camper shell made entirely of solar panels that charge on the fly?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Well, I kinda hate the whole half SUV/half shortbed pickup thing... but I think they did a good job combining them here. I think it looks cool. Like a near-future sci-fi SUV.
    Although the front end is a little bit of a current-edition Land Rover ripoff...

That being said F**K OFF WITH THE ELECTRONIC BS GADGETS ALREADY! Damnation...
    No, I don't need or want a flat-screen cockpit, just give me simple speedo/rpm/ power level gauges like I already have. Save me some money and power use.
    No, I don't want or need the headlights to do some dumbass blinky nonsense while it's charging. Give me a simple charge indicator in the cab.
    Like... damn. Keep it simple, save money for the end user, save a little extra power use, and less stuff to fail/break over time. Everyone's STILL happy.
    I think that's where a lot of electro-cars are going wrong- the manufacturers are trying to live in 2077, when they need to build confidence/infrastructure in the new tech first.

Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    You could probably haul quite a few deployable solar panels in the bed. How about a camper shell made entirely of solar panels that charge on the fly?
    I'm actually SUPER disappointed they didn't use the pop-off roof panels for that. Make each one of those an integrated solar panel so you can charge as you drive without ever having to stop and plug in. Duh. It's an offroad vehicle. There's no electric out there. Get with the program already. Give an integrated alt charge source so the end user will actually be inspired with some confidence to take some risks with it. But like someone else already said, apparently they just want to build the next soccer-mom luxury SUV that will never leave a town...
    I mean, come on... I can get a red dot with a solar alt power source, but not a truck they want me to take offroad, or rely on to drive long distances?

Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I suppose so. The thing is, I’ve been working on GM (and everything else) for the last 10 years. I would not want to depend on their electronics at the end of times.
    I'm no mechanic, but this is what reading end user feedback online says to me as well. The vehicles look nice, but longevity... not so much.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 10-23-20 at 17:28.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Well, I kinda hate the whole half SUV/half shortbed pickup thing... but I think they did a good job combining them here. I think it looks cool. Like a near-future sci-fi SUV.
    Although the front end is a little bit of a current-edition Land Rover ripoff...

That being said F**K OFF WITH THE ELECTRONIC BS GADGETS ALREADY! Damnation...
    No, I don't need or want a flat-screen cockpit, just give me simple speedo/rpm/ power level gauges like I already have. Save me some money and power use.
    No, I don't want or need the headlights to do some dumbass blinky nonsense while it's charging. Give me a simple charge indicator in the cab.
    Like... damn. Keep it simple, save money for the end user, save a little extra power use, and less stuff to fail/break over time. Everyone's STILL happy.
    I think that's where a lot of electro-cars are going wrong- the manufacturers are trying to live in 2077, when they need to build confidence/infrastructure in the new tech first.

I'm actually SUPER disappointed they didn't use the pop-off roof panels for that. Make each one of those an integrated solar panel so you can charge as you drive without ever having to stop and plug in. Duh. It's an offroad vehicle. There's no electric out there. Get with the program already. Give an integrated alt charge source so the end user will actually be inspired with some confidence to take some risks with it. But like someone else already said, apparently they just want to build the next soccer-mom luxury SUV that will never leave a town...
    I mean, come on... I can get a red dot with a solar alt power source, but not a truck they want me to take offroad, or rely on to drive long distances?

I'm no mechanic, but this is what reading end user feedback online says to me as well. The vehicles look nice, but longevity... not so much.
    YES!!!!

Most people however, are like parrots, distracted by shiny shit

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast