I’m on week 5 of the Starting Strength Novice program and am hitting a wall. Last Wednesday on my last rep of squats I let my shoulders relax as I came up and the bar started to slide down my back. I was squatting 230 for three sets of five for those unfamiliar with the program. I basically put most of the weight on my shoulders and arms as I rushed to rack it before it fell ( late at night and didn’t want to risk waking anyone by dropping it) my Bench right after suffered as well. The deadlift wasn’t bad.

This caused pain in my shoulders, triceps, and elbows. Due to having a drill weekend I didn’t lift Friday and when I lifted Monday I had to increase my squat by only 2 pounds instead of five and it was a serious struggle. The first working set I did three reps of 235 and then had to drop down to 232.

Tonight I went to 235 and my shoulders are hurting pretty bad, elbows and triceps are aching but not as bad. Working on overhead press of 110 now and it’s a serious grind. Supposed to deadlift 250 next. I am running on fumes though. I know I’m not eating and sleeping enough but school and SGM academy and family obligations prevent from correcting that.