Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Powder Dispensers

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)

Electronic Powder Dispensers

Let's talk electronic powder dispensers. I know the RCBS Chargemaster is the go to for most people, but what are peoples thoughts on the Chargemaster Lite and the Hornady Auto Charge? For me, it will be used primarily for load development in conjunction with my Redding T-7 Turret or Big Boss II Presses. Does anyone have any experience with the new Hornady Auto Charge Pro or the RCBS MatchMaster. The MatchMaster is 2X the price of the Chargemaster and the Hornady Pro, even after the LE/MIL discount.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My second chargemaster is failing (keyboard doesn’t work). I just got a chargemaster lite. No issues yet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For years I used a Hornady Auto Charge without any issues. I must have got lucky with mine as most reviews on them are more on the negative side. Earlier this year mine started to act up so I purchased a Chargemaster Lite that was on sale. The Chargemaster Lite is as awesome as everyone says! It really is better than my Hornady Auto Charge.

Feedback Score
    I purchased the RCBS ChargeMaster soon after it came out. Never had a reason to look at other brands that followed, so can't give an opinion other than:
    Perfectly happy with my CM after almost 20 years (?).

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Same^^

I think I remember markm/PB saying they ran two to speed up process.
    That would probably be ideal if I had the room.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I have the chargemaster lite, use it alot and so far no issues. Once in a blue moon it will over charge by 1/10 of a grain, but I just dump it back into the hopper and go again.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    I have the chargemaster lite, use it alot and so far no issues. Once in a blue moon it will over charge by 1/10 of a grain, but I just dump it back into the hopper and go again.
    Same experience here for the Lite. Maybe 1 over charge in 200 thrown? I calibrate every time I use it but I noticed the powder pan now weighs 79.6gr as opposed to 79.5gr when I got it earlier this year.

Feedback Score
    I'm bumping this and subscribing...

I've been wanting a Chargemaster Lite, but seemed more feasible when they were <$200, rather than $250+.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I think they are still worth $250. Maybe Brownells with a coupon can get you there?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I think they are still worth $250.
    Yeah, I think they are, too, and it's probably just my own weird psychology regarding pricing that is putting me off...

I had just about worked up the gumption to buy one for $200ish, and then other things got in the way (a T/CR22 for Rimfire Challenge), and now I'm seeing them for $250+, and that feels like too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast