Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger question

Feedback Score

Trigger question

I have a drop in trigger, a very expensive one at that and i love the trigger. Only peeve is that the trigger pin likes to walk a good ways to where one side is out pretty far and the other is below flush. I have a 1000 round 2 day course this weekend and i am worried to death it going to walk all the way out. I have never had a trigger pin as much as move before this trigger. It is said that these triggers will move on the pin until it finds a point of no friction, maybe so but i dont like it. Is anyone else’s trigger pins do this. Yes i have contacted manufacturer and they were very helpful and said the pin was doing its job. I dont want a pissing match, i just finally broke down and bought what is considered one of the best triggers on the market and have been left under whelmed with the pin movement, not the trigger. Lower is a Noveske gen 1 registered sbr lower and has been flawless and i had a pnt trigger that never moved if that helps.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A pin designed to take a little stroll? How special. Slight rotation during firing is not uncommon What brand and model? Some triggers are suggested to use anti-rotation/walk pins. If time permits, I'd suggest purchasing a set. Perhaps clean the particular pin end well along with that area of the rcvr and put a dab of silicone there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    A pin designed to take a little stroll? How special. Slight rotation during firing is not uncommon What brand and model? Some triggers are suggested to use anti-rotation/walk pins. If time permits, I'd suggest purchasing a set. Perhaps clean the particular pin end well along with that area of the rcvr and put a dab of silicone there.
    I am dumbfounded as well but i really dont want to put them on blast. They specifically warn against using anti rotation pins with their triggers if that helps

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    removed
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 10-23-20 at 11:52.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry, just reread your post. You do have a drop in. In that case I have noting to offer. I'm not a fan of drop-in triggers for a couple of reasons, and that is one of them. Hope you get it fixed in time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    Sorry, just reread your post. You do have a drop in. In that case I have noting to offer. I'm not a fan of drop-in triggers for a couple of reasons, and that is one of them. Hope you get it fixed in time.
    Maybe drop in isn’t correct terms. Its not a one piece. It has the trigger, hammer and disconnector and pins. It goes together just like milspec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Do both pins have the center groove? Some pins have only a center or side groove. The pin with the center groove is the hammer pin (Front). The "J" spring in the hammer engages the center groove. Assuming it is a mil spec style trigger. You should feel the spring snap into the groove. It isn't uncommon for the pins to be lower in one side and slightly proud on the other side on a forged receiver. This is caused by the thickness of the receiver being different from on side to the other.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Do both pins have the center groove? Some pins have only a center or side groove. The pin with the center groove is the hammer pin (Front). The "J" spring in the hammer engages the center groove. Assuming it is a mil spec style trigger. You should feel the spring snap into the groove. It isn't uncommon for the pins to be lower in one side and slightly proud on the other side on a forged receiver. This is caused by the thickness of the receiver being different from on side to the other.

That's what my post (removed) was about too. You should remove the hammer and check to see if the pin is clicking in to the hammer pin detent/hold at the half way point. And you need to check that the hammer spring legs are in the notches on the trigger pin. Those two things are necessary for the pins to stay in. And they will stay in perfectly if you get everything right.

This short video shows what I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_SEztJ0Usk

BTW - Gen 1 Noveske is standard forged, I have some.

Feedback Score
    The hammer pin doesn’t move at all and yes the legs sit on one side of the trigger pin.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    The hammer pin doesn’t move at all and yes the legs sit on one side of the trigger pin.

The hammer spring legs should straddle the trigger, one on the pin on each side of the trigger.

The legs need to seat into the groove(s) on either end of the trigger pin. The trigger pin should have a groove on one end or both ends. That is what keeps the trigger pin from moving side to side. Get a super bright light and you should be able see the leg(s) of the hammer pin, and at least one should be in a groove on the trigger pin.

Were both pins walking?

Which pin was walking?

Here is a Geissele trigger pin. One leg of the hammer spring must be in the groove indicated with the arrow. The other leg of the hammer spring must be on the pin on the other side, even if there is no groove. You don't use the center groove for the trigger. The center groove is what the hammer uses to center on the pin, but it sounds like you are GTG with the hammer.
    trigger pin.jpg
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 10-23-20 at 15:25.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast