Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
The hammer spring legs should straddle the trigger, one on the pin on each side of the trigger.

The legs need to seat into the groove(s) on either end of the trigger pin. The trigger pin should have a groove on one end or both ends. That is what keeps the trigger pin from moving side to side. Get a super bright light and you should be able see the leg(s) of the hammer pin, and at least one should be in a groove on the trigger pin.

Were both pins walking?

Which pin was walking?

Here is a Geissele trigger pin. One leg of the hammer spring must be in the groove indicated with the arrow. The other leg of the hammer spring must be on the pin on the other side, even if there is no groove. You don't use the center groove for the trigger. The center groove is what the hammer uses to center on the pin, but it sounds like you are GTG with the hammer.
trigger pin.jpg
Ok here’s the deal. It’s a geiselle ssa. Awesome trigger. The trigger pin walks toward the side that the groove is on no matter what orientation it is. I even tried switching the trigger pin and hammer pin to see if that mattered but I doesn’t. The hammer pin does stick out a little but stopped and hasn’t moved anymore. The trigger pin is the issue. It hasn’t walked all the way out yet but it will get to where the groove on the end can’t go any further without coming out. As much as I love the feel of the trigger, this is on my fighting rifle and I don’t like the thought of it coming out. I’m anal about shit like this. I will run it through my class tomorrow and Sunday and if it’s gtg through 1000-1200 rounds than I’ll just love with it. Geiselle did say that they have a slightly oversized pin that has notched on both sides if I need that. I didn’t think the receiver holes were large because I have a BCM PNT and the pins didn’t move one bit. As much as that trigger is infinity better than the milspec trigger, the SSA is night and day better than both. So it would suck to go back to the PNT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk