Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trigger question

Feedback Score
    Response from Geissele was that this is purely aesthetics and that this happens when a trigger prefers one side of the receiver or another and that the legs are retaining the trigger pin and that it is doing its job. ??? I will take them at their word and see what happens in the future but I can tell you that I don't like how it looks. It doesn't have much further to go before it completely clears one side of the receiver but hey whatever. I have a larue that didn't do this and very well may go back into it. They feel very similar and I don't like pins moving.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Take the hammer spring out and post a photo of it. If you can lay another one next to it, even better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I posted a picture from Geissele's site of the 3 groove pins you can buy. The SKU number is in the picture, you can go to their site and find the pins. They are expensive (typical Geissele), but I think you should consider buying them. I'm not sure if they will help, but the three grooves might give you peace of mind. you only need to use one pin and you can keep the other as a spare.

Picture is in post 29 here>>>> https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...38#post2895538

I do have one solution, I saw this recently LOL Click for larger image....

trigger pin solution.jpg

EDIT: I just found out that Geissele wants $12 to send an $18 set of trigger pins to me. I'm complaining, it'll be interesting to see what they say.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 10-27-20 at 18:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The outboard groove in the pins might be mis-located
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I use milspec hammer springs (Colt), and they must be squeezed together to go down into the receiver, and they drag the inside walls of the receiver all the way down until they drop into the trigger pin groove. Either two groove (Colt) or three groove (ALG) pins. The spring legs remain tight to the inside walls and there is zero movement in the pins in either direction.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    I posted a picture from Geissele's site of the 3 groove pins you can buy. The SKU number is in the picture, you can go to their site and find the pins. They are expensive (typical Geissele), but I think you should consider buying them. I'm not sure if they will help, but the three grooves might give you peace of mind. you only need to use one pin and you can keep the other as a spare.

Picture is in post 29 here>>>> https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...38#post2895538

I do have one solution, I saw this recently LOL Click for larger image....

trigger pin solution.jpg

EDIT: I just found out that Geissele wants $12 to send an $18 set of trigger pins to me. I'm complaining, it'll be interesting to see what they say.
    Gorilla tape for the win! Well done. LOL. Another option is to point your finger directly at the pin and say "BAD PIN BAD PIN", and see if it gets better.

OK let me explain, When I was a kid waiting tables in a high end Resturant, some tool said " I have a bad Potato!!! " I gave that potato a good scalding and said let me know if you have anymore trouble. Then scurried off to get him another tator before I lost my job. Sorry for the drift.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-14-20 at 18:06.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    If you’re ordering a set of those 3 groove pins and already paying the shipping, why not also get another spring for comparison. I definitely would be.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Gorilla tape for the win! Well done. LOL. Another option is to point your finger directly at the pin and say "BAD PIN BAD PIN", and see if it gets better.

OK let me explain, When I was a kid waiting tables in a high end Resturant, some tool said " I have a bad Potato!!! " I gave that potato a good scalding and said let me know if you have anymore trouble. Then scurried off to get him another tator before I lost my job. Sorry for the drift.

PB
    Sounds like something I would have done in my younger and more rebellious days! Very funny.

Feedback Score
    I had the same problem with that trigger in my Colt, I think in my case the holes might be out of spec ever so slightly.
    I've been using anti rotation pins for a few years and have never had a problem with them but the 3 groove pins makes sense and I might order some to see if it helps.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I think Giessele pins are slightly oversized. Might want to give them a try.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345