Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trigger question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    I know, its hard to tell. I suggested he take an thin knife and try to push it over to find out if its in the groove.
    The trigger pin channel actually has 2 flat spots at the edges. I'm pretty sure he's got the hammer spring leg resting on the right ledge/flat area.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Doesn't look right, the spring leg on the right hand side does not appear to be seated properly.

Attachment 64118

You may need to pull the hammer and make sure the legs are slightly splayed out right and left. This is one of my SSAs, notice the legs go all the way to the receiver on both sides, and slip between the trigger and receiver. I don't know if it will help but my pins don't move. Its a Noveske Gen 2 receiver.

Attachment 64119

EDIT: Oops, I saw the additional pictures, and I see why the leg of the hammer spring looks out of place, the pins really do look like they are falling out!

I think the extra groove might help, but it's really unclear to what would cause that.

You said that when you turn the pin the other way the problem moves to the other side? Is that correct?
    Yes it does. I misspoke, they gravitate away from the side with the groove and the only thing that stops that pin from walking all the way out is that the legs can’t move anymore to the middle due to the hammer pin in the groove. It’s doing it’s job and stopping it from moving all the way out but I do not like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    From the picture it looks like the right hammer spring leg is actually resting on the trigger, not the the trigger pin.
    I can start the pin in the dead middle and the hammer pin in the groove. Dry fire it maybe 20 times and this is where it goes.

Feedback Score
    You got me thinking about this. I'm gonna order 4 of them to add to my parts.
    Attachment 64120
    Those are for the g2s. I wonder what the difference is? This is an SSA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I can start the pin in the dead middle and the hammer pin in the groove. Dry fire it maybe 20 times and this is where it goes.

I understand. I'm saying that the hammer spring leg is resting on the trigger ledge, not the pin as it should be. As others have said, it may be due to the receiver being a hair narrow, or you may be able to just push the spring leg over to the right while pushing the trigger to the left and see if the leg drops onto the pin.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    I know it looks that way but i think it is the angle. I can assure you guys it is sitting in the ledge. I did notice this though. Someone suggested to measure some stuff so when i got home from the training i broke it down and cleaned it really well and noticed that the reciever was considerably thicker on one side. The thicker side was the side that the pin was recessing in. I turned the pin so that it will gravitate towards the thicker side and it doesnt "look" like it is sticking out very far and may just be "somewhat normal". I am not sure as I will continue to shoot the piss out of it and see what it does.

Feedback Score
    I know it looks that way but i think it is the angle. I can assure you guys it is sitting in the ledge. I did notice this though. Someone suggested to measure some stuff so when i got home from the training i broke it down and cleaned it really well and noticed that the reciever was considerably thicker on one side. The thicker side was the side that the pin was recessing in. I turned the pin so that it will gravitate towards the thicker side and it doesnt "look" like it is sticking out very far and may just be "somewhat normal". I am not sure as I will continue to shoot the piss out of it and see what it does.

Here’s some photos

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for the reply’s. It made a difference. Grateful to have the knowledge on this board.

Feedback Score

Here’s some photos

That is nowhere near the maximum thickness difference allowed by the drawings.

In fact, at only 0.005" is pretty well centered.

Have you talked to Geissele about this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    That is nowhere near the maximum thickness difference allowed by the drawings.

In fact, at only 0.005" is pretty well centered.

Have you talked to Geissele about this?
    I have and I am waiting to hear what they suggest. I really want to use the three channel pin to keep it centered but I who knows what they will say. They have been pretty responsive so far so we will see

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast