Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trigger question

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Your last post explained the issue to me. You can try another hammer spring that has the legs sitting parallel to inside receiver walls, or spread the current spring.
    Another thing; in one photo I see the ends of the hammer spring being pushed towards middle of lower receiver by the curves, wondering if the ends of the hammer spring are too long. If this is the case, I would trim an eighth of an inch off the ends/legs. As long as spring legs are resting on trigger pin, should be fine.
    Mark
    Last edited by mpom; 10-24-20 at 09:57. Reason: Added to post

Feedback Score
    300 hundred rounds in this morning and it seems to have settled here. Not sure I like it but it seems to have stayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    Your last post explained the issue to me. You can try another hammer spring that has the legs sitting parallel to inside receiver walls, or spread the current spring.
    Another thing; in one photo I see the ends of the hammer spring being pushed towards middle of lower receiver by the curves, wondering if the ends of the hammer spring are too long. If this is the case, I would trim an eighth of an inch off the ends/legs. As long as spring legs are resting on trigger pin, should be fine.
    Mark
    I tried to spread them apart the other day and they are biased to want to gravitate back to the middle. It seems to have held but it is a little to much for me. I am going to finish this class and then address it when I get home. I freaking love the feel of the trigger though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Try a three-groove trigger pin? Having both legs of the spring in a groove might center it better?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Try a three-groove trigger pin? Having both legs of the spring in a groove might center it better?

I’m waiting to hear back from geiselle about the three groove. I think it would do better

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Doesn't look right, the spring leg on the right hand side does not appear to be seated properly.

trigger prob.jpg

You may need to pull the hammer and make sure the legs are slightly splayed out right and left. This is one of my SSAs, notice the legs go all the way to the receiver on both sides, and slip between the trigger and receiver. I don't know if it will help but my pins don't move. Its a Noveske Gen 2 receiver.

IMG_0007.jpg

EDIT: Oops, I saw the additional pictures, and I see why the leg of the hammer spring looks out of place, the pins really do look like they are falling out!

I think the extra groove might help, but it's really unclear to what would cause that.

You said that when you turn the pin the other way the problem moves to the other side? Is that correct?
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 10-25-20 at 18:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    (I posted this before the EDIT I made above)

The only other thing I can think of is that your receiver is just slightly narrow in the trigger pocket, and the Geissele trigger pack slightly wider than your old one. This would disallow the hammer spring leg from falling between the receiver and trigger, and would be an example of tolerance stacking. Its also possible the pocket is too big too.

If you can get a caliper, you can measure the width of the trigger pocket, and the wall thickness of the receiver and check it against spec. which is online somewhere.

OR another possible problem: The spring leg is not engaging the groove in the trigger pin. That could be caused by improper machining of the trigger or a bent leg of the hammer spring.

Take a thin knife and see if you can move the hammer spring leg side to side, or if it gets hung in the groove of the trigger pin as it should. Then do the same thing while pulling the trigger back. I'm not going to try to explain why, but if its not giving resistance in either case it could be a machining problem.

Pull the hammer and make sure the hammer spring is not bent in some way.

That's all I got man, I'm out of ideas.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 10-25-20 at 18:37.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    From the picture it looks like the right hammer spring leg is actually resting on the trigger, not the the trigger pin.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You got me thinking about this. I'm gonna order 4 of them to add to my parts.
    3 groove.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    From the picture it looks like the right hammer spring leg is actually resting on the trigger, not the the trigger pin.
    I know, its hard to tell. I suggested he take an thin knife and try to push it over to find out if its in the groove.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast