Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thin shoulder plate carrier

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thin shoulder plate carrier

I've used my plate carrier for a little while as nothing more than a weighted vest. I took it out the other day for shooting and noticed that the shoulders were pretty thick and made it slower for me to shoulder my rifle and get on target.

I'm not a big guy so maybe that's part of the problem. But does anyone know of any good plate carriers with very thin shoulder straps?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    JPC and Velocity Scarab are two of the best IMO.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    What PC are you using? Your stock really shouldn't be contacting the shoulder straps unless there's something weird going on with the carrier itself or the way you've adjusted it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's just one I bought a few years. It's a voodoo tactical or something like that. Nothing exciting.

It could just be I haven't gotten used to it. But it's pretty old so I was looking for something new anyway. I saw the 5.11 TacTec but it looked overly complicated.

I'll definitely check on the ones mentioned above. I saw the JPC says sizes are based on ballistic plates. I've got standard level iiia soft armor at the moment. Will there be any issue using those with a size small?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Do you know where the JPC will be in stock in a size small? Looks like the lead times on the website read 12-16 weeks.

And can you explain the difference between the JPC 2.0 and the JPC?

I did no research last time I purchased a plate carrier.
    Last edited by odugrad; 10-23-20 at 16:38.

Feedback Score
    I got a couple of JPC cheap off of Ebay. Most comfortable plate carrier I've ever used.

Not 100% sure the differences but I know the original one doesn't have a drag handle, found that out the hard way on an exercise, shoulder straps held though.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    I got a couple of JPC cheap off of Ebay. Most comfortable plate carrier I've ever used.

Not 100% sure the differences but I know the original one doesn't have a drag handle, found that out the hard way on an exercise, shoulder straps held though.
    You got couple of JPC knock offs dude. Its legitimately the most copied carrier on the market and they've always been hard to find in stock so they hold value extremely well. If you're buying Crye stuff on eBay, especially at significantly discounted prices and even more so if its new and heavily discounted, you're buying Chinese shit.

Optactical gets them in every so often, but the Multicam Arid ones go very fast and then get are often put up for resale within days for several hundred more. Also you can literally Google the difference between the two and get tons of results including videos.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Just to clarify, you’re talking about the width of the strap from neck to shoulder not the thickness of the padding of the strap right?

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Actually both. The padding is very thick and the straps are very wide for me. I'm looking at the JPC and that looks like a good fit for me.

Feedback Score
    Ferro Slickster has thin straps - I like mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast