Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sticky safety selector switch in new build

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Sticky safety selector switch in new build

I just assembled another Spike tactical lower with the spikes enhanced LPK. For whatever reason my safety selector is a little gummy. It requires a pretty decent follow through with the switch if you know what I mean otherwise it’ll be stuck between safe and fire. My other spikes is smooth as butter as well as my other 2 ARs. I took the grip off and re assembled the switch with the hammer forward and safety on fire and it’s still pretty stiff. Any pointers?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I put a lot of oil in the detent slots. You can try another detent and/or Safetey too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you have a rotary tool with a pointed end cratex (or any rubberized attachment with bullet end), that should work well in the slot for the detent. Pretty much impossible to screw it up. Perhaps a nice polishing of the detent end will suffice. Grease.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ll try dropping some lube where the detent is and re do the safety again. Detent drops in perfectly. If that doesn’t work only thing I can think of is I grabbed the wrong spring but I don’t think that’s even it. I’ll give it a try again and see. This is the only time this has every happened to me on a build.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krp7894 View Post
    This is the only time this has every happened to me on a build.
    I've had a bunch of mushy selectors over the years. My house gun is so crisp, it's almost too noisy for that bump in the night.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had a gummy selector recently. Put a tiny bit of white lithium grease on it when oil didn't work.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Oil runs off use small amount of grease on the safety detent tip.

Check the depth of the hole in the grip it may be shallow and causing too much tension on the spring.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m a dummy. Put the wrong spring in. Swapped it out for the longer spring and all good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krp7894 View Post
    I’m a dummy. Put the wrong spring in. Swapped it out for the longer spring and all good.
    You weren't the first and you won't be the last!
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast