Thread: A Question for the Colt SMEs here

Feedback Score

A Question for the Colt SMEs here

Sirs: I am curious to know what kind of barrels are used in the COLT Part Number SP401397, which I notice Brownells has in stock. Is it a Government Profile or a HBAR barrel? I'd also like to know about the uppers Brownells is selling with 14.5 (SP40165) and 11.5" (Colt Part number: 64785) barrells as well.. When I try to get this all figured out on my own I tend to get rather hopelessly lost googling and what-not. Are they government profile or the heavy barrel profile, which I believe is the HBAR. I'm exploring options for a new AR rifle. Thanks for any information you may have.
    Last edited by MikeF; 10-23-20 at 16:11.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's a plain Jane Colt 6920, so it is a gov't profile. I dont even think Colt uses the term HBAR anymore but I could be wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Sirs: I am curious to know what kind of barrels are used in the COLT Part Number SP401397, which I notice Brownells has in stock. Is it a Government Profile or a HBAR barrel? I'd also like to know about the uppers Brownells is selling with 14.5 (SP40165) and 11.5" (Colt Part number: 64785) barrells as well.. When I try to get this all figured out on my own I tend to get rather hopelessly lost googling and what-not. Are they government profile or the heavy barrel profile, which I believe is the HBAR. I'm exploring options for a new AR rifle. Thanks for any information you may have.
    I went to Brownells and looked at some of those part numbers you listed above...

Good god those prices are high. Even the 'stripped' uppers were high as hell.

Some of my Colt uppers for barrel comparison:

HBAR on left and gov profile on right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I went to Brownells and looked at some of those part numbers you listed above...

Some of my Colt uppers for barrel comparison:.....

Thanks for the pics....mind if I keep a copy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post

Some of my Colt uppers for barrel comparison:

Thanks, that was really helpful.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Thanks for the pics....mind if I keep a copy?
    No problem. Glad it was helpful for you sir.