Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCM MK2 Uppers Suppressed?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    BCM hasn't had them for quite some time, I've wondered if its because of panic and milspec uppers are cheaper/easier to manufacture or other reasons.
    I think it's a combination of factors you've mentioned. Plus due to increased thickness of the upper a lot of aftermarket rails with anti-rotation tabs (Geissele, Centurion) wouldn't fit out of the box without filing off some material. Not a big deal if you don't move rails around, but can be put off if you're switching things up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Probably more a matter of them selling them all on complete uppers. More money to be made there than as individual pieces.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Shot an upper tonight assembled with the Mk2 upper receiver. It was not magically less gassy that other uppers present, and it was definitely gassier that some others. The Mk2 upper wasn't set up to be suppressed fulltime or 50/50, so nothing was apples to apples.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Shot an upper tonight assembled with the Mk2 upper receiver. It was not magically less gassy that other uppers present, and it was definitely gassier that some others. The Mk2 upper wasn't set up to be suppressed fulltime or 50/50, so nothing was apples to apples.
    I never bought one yet, but this has been my impression reading reviews across the web. Not a magic bullet so to speak. I’m sure it’s a better design as Bravo Company makes good stuff (I love their stocks), but what really matters is what is going on at the gas block.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Completely agree. Everything else seems to be incremental improvements.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12