Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCM MK2 Uppers Suppressed?

Feedback Score

BCM MK2 Uppers Suppressed?

Has anyone tried a new BCM MK 2 upper running a can? Does it work as advertised? Looking for a new 16” set up to run a Knight’s QDC 556 can. Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Has anyone tried a new BCM MK 2 upper running a can? Does it work as advertised? Looking for a new 16” set up to run a Knight’s QDC 556 can. Thanks
    How about cluing some of us in. What does the can have to do with it/what was advertised? Is the gas port supposed to be smaller or something?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    How about cluing some of us in. What does the can have to do with it/what was advertised? Is the gas port supposed to be smaller or something?
    Has nothing to do with the can. BCM claims this upper receiver (MK 2) mitigates gas blow back to the face. I just want feedback from people who have used it. Also does not necessarily have anything to do with the barrel gas port, just the design of the upper.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I haven't seen much out there yet surprisingly. I'm also interested to know but there was a lot more chatter prior to their release and not much feedback afterwards.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    The MK2 discussion starts around ~10:15

If you look at the MK2 vs a standard upper there's no doubt it's milled out differently/deeper for the gas track. I'd say it certainly helps mitigate gas but it's not going to eliminate it completely either FWIW.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    The MK2 discussion starts around ~10:15

If you look at the MK2 vs a standard upper there's no doubt it's milled out differently/deeper for the gas track. I'd say it certainly helps mitigate gas but it's not going to eliminate it completely either FWIW.
    I saw your review. Thanks for the reply. Interesting how the barrel likes 69 gr SMKs.

Sounds like it helps but it is not a cure all

Feedback Score
    Anybody else have anything to add?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Bringing this back from the dead as it's relevant to my interests. Has there been any other feedback or musings about gas/blowback mitigation with the MK2 uppers? As someone else mentioned, there was a lot of hype surrounding these but I haven't really heard anything since their release. Curious that they're still making/using standard uppers with all the benefits they touted these as having over them. Was it all marketing hype, or are these a significant enhancement to the platform and undervalued?
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 10-03-21 at 17:14.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I should have paid attention a few weeks ago when I had a chance. I'll have another chance sooner than later, and I'll report back then.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Bringing this back from the dead as it's relevant to my interests. Has there been any other feedback or musings about gas/blowback mitigation with the MK2 uppers? As someone else mentioned, there was a lot of hype surrounding these but I haven't really heard anything since their release. Curious that they're still making/using standard uppers with all the benefits they touted these as having over them. Was it all marketing hype, or are these a significant enhancement to the platform and undervalued?
    BCM hasn't had them for quite some time, I've wondered if its because of panic and milspec uppers are cheaper/easier to manufacture or other reasons.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast