Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Safes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Safes

What is the best gun safe to accommodate AR 15's? I can't remember the supposed capacity of my safe, but I have three ARs and a Remington 11 – 87, and I am pretty much out of room.

Feedback Score
    I need a new safe and have been looking at 'Liberty' brand safes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    American Securities Burglary & Fire Series is top shelf for the $$$$

AMSEC B&F
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Artos tells no lies. You have to decide what you want, bomb proof and a professional thief would struggle or just something ( not cheap) but to keep tweakers out.
    Lesser expensive ones are movable, not cheap but 500lb ish. You can still bolt down but not as good for a longer fire.

The American Security, Rhino ..I have an Am Sec and my buddy has a Rhino and they are not going anywhere, way too heavy. Very high quality, cost nearly double.

The Browning, Cannon from ( Sportsman Warehouse-Costco/Tractor Supply) go for $700 to $1,000 depending on size and I think the Cannon is great for the money.

I tend to favor the tweaker proof movable cheaper safes for most people.

If you are never moving and want the best, get the super high quality safes. I have both but think the Cannons are good enough.

Lastly, buy the biggest you can afford to store with space in your house, bc they fill up fast as you know.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-24-20 at 19:52.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I have a Treadlok safe that I bought in 1996 when we moved to TN. IIRC it cost about $1K back then. It's a bigger one, not the skinny 4 or 5 gun size. It is not fireproof, and isn't "top of the line" by any means. Dial combination, not digital. Loaded down with guns and ammo it'd take two guys with a dolly to move it. It sits in my "gun room" underneath the front porch ("fruit cellar" or "root cellar" if you're from up North). I had a steel security door and frame with ~ 400lbs of concrete poured into the cinder blocks around it for strength. So it is a safe within a safe.

I also recall one of the selling points being that if the handle was beaten downward in an unsuccessful attempt to break into it that the locking lug cables would break and therefore leave the lugs frozen in "battery"
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Check out Sturdy Safe
    https://www.sturdysafe.com/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    In the meantime, this may be a solution...
    https://www.amazon.com/Gun-Storage-S.../dp/B07BVNPSWJ
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    AMSEC does make some really good safes and like posted above it depends on exactly how much security your looking for, or if your needing storage. Fort Knox makes some pretty good safes as well. Where I’m located my Cannon Wide Body works well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    In the meantime, this may be a solution...
    https://www.amazon.com/Gun-Storage-S.../dp/B07BVNPSWJ
    I use Rifle Rods in my safes. They are awesome and dramatically improve safe organization and capacity.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    RSC gun safes are not true security. A sawzall or similar will make short work of a typical RSC gun safe, even high end models professing to have better security.

If you own your home, don’t plan on moving soon, and have a floor that can accommodate a true high security safe (ie UL rated TL15 or better), I would recommend getting a high security safe. A concrete slab is the ideal, but piers under the floor can also be used.

I would find a local safe and vault shop and buy a used reconditioned composite TL15. It will end up costing you about the same as a higher end RSC.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast