Thread: Safes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Typical gunsafes are not really built for ARs, especially with optics, so they fill up pretty fast. The gun capacity from safe builders is either fiction or they mean Daisy Red Riders because there is no way the could hold the number of guns they claim to anyway.

I have been tempted to use SecureIt's gunsafe retrofit to make my humorously named 12 gun Liberty safe a little more AR friendly. https://www.secureitgunstorage.com/p...retrofit-kits/

Every time I get ready to order one, I remember I only have 1 AR and a couple pistols in that safe anyway. It's installed in our bedroom closet with a "big" safe somewhere else in the house.

I would encourage you to check out used gunsafes on Craigslist or Facebook before paying the frankly inflated prices for a new one. I think I paid $200 for a small Liberty gunsafe and $350 for my son's medium sized Browning Prosteel; both are in excellent condition.

Bigger gunsafes are heavy and not really practical to buy used from a private party.

Most gun "safes" are really glorified cabinets, but I only expect mine to discourage kids and crackheads. Not all of us can really deal with or need a TL-30 safe.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-24-20 at 23:17.