Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dillon 650 help

Feedback Score

Dillon 650 help

I am having two problems with it.

The first is the main bolt that tightens down the shell plate holder. It keeps tightening on me and not allowing the Shell plate to rotate properly.

The second, in the number 2 slot the arm that is spring actuated to keep tension on the case so the primer seats properly; won’t stay at proper tension either. It either gets to loose and won’t hold the case tight, or it’s too tight and won’t let me pull a case out to check the primer seating.

Any ideas how to fix these two issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    First one sounds like the set screw isn’t tight enough on the main column. Second one could be a bad spring. I had one that got deformed and messed up the priming. Give Dillon a call and have them send you a new one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    First one sounds like the set screw isn’t tight enough on the main column. Second one could be a bad spring. I had one that got deformed and messed up the priming. Give Dillon a call and have them send you a new one.
    Yes it was the set screw, thank you!!
    I’ll do that tomorrow. I need a few pins too.
    I had to tear the whole base off today, down to just the ram to clean spilled powder out. Got it back together and it wouldn’t turn at all. Tore it down again and couldn’t figure out what the problem was. Finally I saw a long spring back inside the feeding assembly from the case feeder to station 1. It was back there on a ledge. Got it hooked up and now she runs, somewhat back to normal. After I get here primer spring fixed.

I love that press until she shits the bed. Then it’s a pain in the ass to get it working right again.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Yes it was the set screw, thank you!!
    I’ll do that tomorrow. I need a few pins too.
    I had to tear the whole base off today, down to just the ram to clean spilled powder out. Got it back together and it wouldn’t turn at all. Tore it down again and couldn’t figure out what the problem was. Finally I saw a long spring back inside the feeding assembly from the case feeder to station 1. It was back there on a ledge. Got it hooked up and now she runs, somewhat back to normal. After I get here primer spring fixed.

I love that press until she shits the bed. Then it’s a pain in the ass to get it working right again.

I had a 550 for a few years and slowly learnt to fix everything on it with experience. Around 18 months ago I upgraded to the 650 and went through the same process, slowly learning all the various things that drift out of spec. It's a definitely an odyssey but worth it when you get to that point.

Feedback Score
    Love the 650. If it sits for awhile though, the first hundred rounds seem to have mishaps

Feedback Score
    Love my 650, but it's getting old and the priming system is giving me troubles... I think soon I will need a new one $$$$$$$

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd check to make sure the adjustment screw for the arm in station 2 is adjusted properly. If you're sure it is, and the issue persists, double check that the screw threads aren't damaged. If that's not the issue, then it's probably the spring or the arm itself, in which case you'll have to call Dillon. They've been wonderful to deal with the few times I've had to call them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    I'd check to make sure the adjustment screw for the arm in station 2 is adjusted properly. If you're sure it is, and the issue persists, double check that the screw threads aren't damaged. If that's not the issue, then it's probably the spring or the arm itself, in which case you'll have to call Dillon. They've been wonderful to deal with the few times I've had to call them.
    I’ve tightened the screw down and it’s either to tight or backs itself out. I’m wondering if I’m missing a piece there. It never did this before

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    how much is a 650?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I’ve tightened the screw down and it’s either to tight or backs itself out. I’m wondering if I’m missing a piece there. It never did this before

I've never fully removed the screw on mine, but mine doesn't do that.

Have you reached out to Dillon? Every time I've talked to them on the phone they've been very knowledgeable. The people who answered all 3 times knew the part numbers off the tops of their heads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast