Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Interpretive Change Restricts Handgun Imports and May Require NFA Registration

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

ATF Interpretive Change Restricts Handgun Imports and May Require NFA Registration

ATF Interpretive Change Restricts Handgun Imports and May Require NFA Registration

https://comms.wiley.law/8/3583/octob...tration(2).asp

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has recently changed the manner in which it interprets the statutory and regulatory definition of “handgun,” thereby further limiting the types of firearms eligible for importation. These determinations are not public, so it is difficult for the regulated community to assess and track shifting agency positions...

In some of the new letters, ATF has begun listing the following “objective design features” when making its evaluations:

Incorporation of rifle sights;
    Utilization of "rifle caliber ammunition" (both 5.56mm and 7.62mm have been considered as such);
    Incorporation of “rifle-length barrel;”
    The “weapon’s heavy weight;”
    Ability to accept magazines that range in capacity from 20 rounds to 100 rounds, “which will contribute to the overall weight of the firearm”;
    Overall length of the weapon which “creates a front-heavy imbalance when held in one hand.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post

https://comms.wiley.law/8/3583/octob...tration(2).asp

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has recently changed the manner in which it interprets the statutory and regulatory definition of “handgun,” thereby further limiting the types of firearms eligible for importation. These determinations are not public, so it is difficult for the regulated community to assess and track shifting agency positions...

In some of the new letters, ATF has begun listing the following “objective design features” when making its evaluations:

Incorporation of rifle sights;
    Utilization of "rifle caliber ammunition" (both 5.56mm and 7.62mm have been considered as such);
    Incorporation of “rifle-length barrel;”
    The “weapon’s heavy weight;”
    Ability to accept magazines that range in capacity from 20 rounds to 100 rounds, “which will contribute to the overall weight of the firearm”;
    Overall length of the weapon which “creates a front-heavy imbalance when held in one hand.”
    This and the Honey Badger decision just makes me think they are getting warmed up for a Harris/Biden administration. Creating felons by decree.
    Last edited by flenna; 10-26-20 at 20:09.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh boy. More interpretations.

I love interpretations. It’s like you can make up whatever you want. Like an ink blot test.

Doesn’t matter about the law or constitution.

It’s like someone saying “It came to me in a dream” or “it was real in my mind”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Oh boy. More interpretations.

I love interpretations. It’s like you can make up whatever you want. Like an ink blot test.

Doesn’t matter about the law or constitution.

It’s like someone saying “It came to me in a dream” or “it was real in my mind”
    Yeah well, it's going to be a nightmare soon enough...
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    This and the Honey Badger decision just makes me think they are getting warmer up for a Harris/Biden administration. Creating felons by decree.
    One day this will be played unironically and with a harsh meaning.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Yeah well, it's going to be a nightmare soon enough...
    Hee hee you’re right but in the most delightfully wrong way

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    This and the Honey Badger decision just makes me think they are getting warmed up for a Harris/Biden administration. Creating felons by decree.
    This confuses me. The director of the ATF was appointed in 2019 and is on the “Presidential Commission on Law Enforcement and the Administration of Justice”.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Can’t wait for the junior atf crowd to get all spun up on this and start flexing compliance accusations on the interwebs.

Per usual the correct response is indifference, defiance, and active usurpation.

The ATF is literally an evil .gov entity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    This confuses me. The director of the ATF was appointed in 2019 and is on the “Presidential Commission on Law Enforcement and the Administration of Justice”.
    Which translates to pro enforcement, expansion of criminal statutes, and perpetuating the self licking ice cream cone nature of law enforcement under the guise of expanding public safety targeted policies.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Just remember, if everyone is a felon then nobody is a felon.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast