Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One of these two 1911’s for my first?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What do you feel is a fair price on the Colt?

$900 is pretty steep for either, in my opinion.
    "COME AND TAKE IT"

NRA Endowment Life Member
    Texas State Rifle Association

Feedback Score
    From the two you posted Colt. For a first the SA Range Officer is hard to beat.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Colt or SA or Dan & Wesson.

The last 1911 on Planet earth to buy would be any Kimber.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Had a MilSpec Springer some years ago; swapped it on a G43, and missed it. Since, I've gotten one of the Turkish GI guns; the darn thing is really beautifully made and finished. The two share the virtually invisible GI sights, but you could do far worse with a starter 1911. The Turk is cheap too, @ $400. It just got a nice write up in the NRA magazines.
    A Colt will always be a Colt, and more marketable down the road, and can't say I've been unhappy with any of mine.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Hard PASS on both of those turds. A 1911 search/purchase should start at a Dan Wesson and possible tip-toe up from there.

Feedback Score
    In that price range the only 1911s I would consider are Springfield and Colt.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Go with the Colt. I’ve had less problems with my Colt 1911s than with my Glock 19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Go with the Colt. I’ve had less problems with my Colt 1911s than with my Glock 19.
    Yes, my Colt has been awesome with the light mods I've done over the years. The only time it gave me trouble was when I started screwing with the springs and light loads. As soon as I came back to "normal" ammo and springs it ran as it should and continues to this day. But that goes for any pistol, Glocks included.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Colt or Springfield milspec on up as USMC51 stated. You'll find more folks willing to work on them than other brands. SA has a good reputation on CS. I've had Colt CS fix some problem Colts also with no flak from them either and was satisfied with the work.

Don't let someone talk you outta a S80 Colt. I have three Colt S80s that are dead reliable. If you have S80 trigger work done, ask the labor if they know how to time the linkage. If you get a blank look, continue looking for a smiff.
    Last edited by Ttwwaack; 11-11-20 at 14:04. Reason: Add:

Feedback Score
    ttww', what do you think of replacing the linkage and steel firing pin with a Ti one, as in a Series 70?
    Moon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast