Thread: Anyone watching Fargo this season?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Anyone watching Fargo this season?

Highly recommended.
    Chris Rock is an excellent comedian, but I never knew he had such acting chops.
    So if you like a great story, glimpses of stupid criminal humor and to make fun of OCD People, this one is for you!
    Last edited by Averageman; 10-27-20 at 08:12.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yep, it really kicked into high gear at the 4th episode!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm watching it, but it doesn't have the same panache being in KC in the 50's as the stories in MN and ND. Seems like a story you could tell easily without being under the "Fargo" title, which, to me, means upper Midwest.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I'm watching it, but it doesn't have the same panache being in KC in the 50's as the stories in MN and ND. Seems like a story you could tell easily without being under the "Fargo" title, which, to me, means upper Midwest.
    This is exactly my take on this season. It's great as a standalone but it just doesn't have the same vibe as the other seasons. I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it but I hope further seasons go back to the original template so to speak. Season one was just pure gold.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Highly recommended.
    Chris Rock is an excellent comedian, but I never knew he had such acting chops.
    So if you like a great story, glimpses of stupid criminal humor and to make fun of OCD People, this one is for you!
    As a film and television editor, my rule of thumb is that I’d trust comedians to do drama, but it’s the rare dramatic actor who can do comedy. Comedians know two things; human emotion, and timing. Dramatic actors might get the emotion part right, but they will screw up the timing almost every time by trying to make things more funny the same way they make things more dramatic. Trying to edit that together is like getting moly grease on your hands - you only needed a little, but now that shit is smeared everywhere and ruining everything it touches.

Sent from 80ms in the future