Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: US Border Patrol's Heavy Patrol Rifle M14

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Likely those are rebarreled with 18" barrels, the GI barrel steps down right behind the flash hider and is a little too thin to just thread for a flash hider. I would like to know how they added the rail to the side that's something I need to do.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Likely those are rebarreled with 18" barrels, the GI barrel steps down right behind the flash hider and is a little too thin to just thread for a flash hider. I would like to know how they added the rail to the side that's something I need to do.
    Barrels are cut as they still have the GI marks otherwise. Not sure of new thread pitch.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Winchester M14s do in fact exist and were made in the 60s. In the mid 00s I had a DRMO one as a patrol rifle. I doubt it had been previously issued as it was in immaculate condition. Accurate AF too.

Wood and Iron. Only came with two mags. That said it was kind of impractical in hindsight. And seeing them cut up one is kinda depressing.

Even has the famous Winchester logo.

I miss it sometimes. It was an attention getter for sure

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quit the reach for that light.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    My would that be a cool-as-fvck job to have! (assuming you didn't mind living in PA of course). Play with and work on cool guns, Fed bennies, retirement, oh yeah! The kind of job you could actually look forward to going into each morning.

I looked it up. Sounds like a cool job. Of course you'd have to live in Altoona, PA or that surrounding area.
    agree
    wonder how you get that gig and what armorers courses you need

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    agree
    wonder how you get that gig and what armorers courses you need
    Most of, if not all, of the guys there have a military armorer or firearms industry background.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A few more pics.

Note markings on the barrel. Note "SA" is used in this case.

The rail attachments on the right and left side of the stock. I assume these are straight from VLTOR although they could have been added by armory staff.

Last edited by Tokarev; 10-28-20 at 14:50.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Most of, if not all, of the guys there have a military armorer or firearms industry background.

no doubt but I want in! lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A few more pics.

Note markings on the barrel. Note "SA" is used in this case.
    Didn't realize they cut down actual USGI barrels. Not sure how Smith Enterprises built the ones they did for the military during the GWOT. Did they use aftermarket barrels or cut them down?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Smith Enterprises and Crane had new barrels made, they did not use cut down 22"er's. Not sure who made the SEI barrels but for a while at least Crane was getting barrels from Springfield Armory and they were unchromed to save $$, the SEI barrels were chrome lined. Also the Vltor stock comes with a slick front end, no rails not even a sling swivel they must have added those.
    Attachment 64201Attachment 64202
    Last edited by mack7.62; 10-30-20 at 20:14.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast