Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: US Border Patrol's Heavy Patrol Rifle M14

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I don’t necessarily want a clone but just something a little different that isn’t a SCAR or some other fruity fairy Eurogun made by people whose asses we either kicked or saved in the 20th Century.

I’ll probably just get a Springfield squad scout and a Vltor and a SEI vortex and a TA33 and call it good.
    That would be, in effect, a very close copy to the Border Patrol gun. More so than something like the SOCOM. But either factory rifle would make a good Border Patrol inspired build.

I have often thought about doing my own Border Patrol build but in 6.5 Creedmoor rather than .308. Cost is likely going to be prohibitive given that nobody makes a GI profile 18" barrel in 6.5.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I still have a love affair with my NM in Sage chassis. It has nostalgia for my uniformed days.

But shooting my SR-25 makes me want to toss into the nearest dumpster.

I guess now we know who gets the the leftover USGI parts instead of new small arms budgeting. I'm sure they'll get the job done, but damn....wish the .gov would just CMP that kind of hardware and buy decent stuff for front line types.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Am I missing something? That looks like a CTR stock to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would guess those heavy rifles rarely leave the armory and judging from the safe queen condition of that one in the pic that seems to support that conclusion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I would guess those heavy rifles rarely leave the armory and judging from the safe queen condition of that one in the pic that seems to support that conclusion.
    Many of the original users who were trained and certified on these guns have retired/transferred/promoted and their guns have been returned to the main armory in West Virginia. Most of these were the original configuration with the Troy stock.

It is true that the guns (and the HPR program as a whole) is not as popular as it was upon initial rollout but there are a handful of agents still trained and certified who carry these guns on a regular basis.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I'm surprised they still let you qual with those, ours have been gathering dust in the armory for several years since someone stopped buying ammo for them. I wrote a paper justifying these back in 04-05, for our station after the Villa-Brinkoff shooting and it got shitcanned. But I asked for GI base weapons w/18" barrels and standard stocks, irons. Not as sexy. Good for you guys!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's the "Gen 1" variant with Troy stock and ACOG optic.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Better than the GI variant but, dammit, I still want a 901 for patrol.

Back in the day, the wooden stocked M14's only left the station during bear season

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Better than the GI variant but, dammit, I still want a 901 for patrol.

Back in the day, the wooden stocked M14's only left the station during bear season
    Lots of GI profile guns still around but they are, by and large, used by the various Honor Guard teams.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    He needs the happy switch on that rifle.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast