Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: US Border Patrol's Heavy Patrol Rifle M14

Feedback Score
    I always thought the border guys and Customs all preferred AUGs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    Border Patrol never did much with the AUG. That was a legacy Customs firearm. Most of them were sent to the smelter after the merger and formation of CBP.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    I think it looks awful, I like the traditional wood look but to each their own
    It’s a duty gun -looks are irrelevant.

Function and performance are what count.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Prior to DHS INS/Border Patrol had M16/M4A1s, M14s, a few MP5s and lots of Remington 870 shotguns.

Pre DHS US Customs had AUGs and MP5s and some M16/AR-15 variants which were primarily in the Customs Office Of investigations (OI) which was merged into ICE in 2003 and the Air & Marine Branch which was initially merged into ICE then moved to CBP a year or so later.

Most of the Customs AUGs (the ones from Customs Office of Investigations) wound up with ICE. The legacy Customs agents I’ve worked with were divided on the AUG - 1/3 loved them 2/3 hated them. One Firearms Instructor in particular hated the AUGs because he had one malfunction during a gunfight.

The AUGs ICE inherited were replaced with M4s and destroyed by the mid 2000s shortly after the merger. Unlike the AUGs MP5s were very popular and there are still sone floating around in ICE field offices despite the armory’s best effort to get them out if service. They are supposed to be replaced with SIG MPX variants.

Air & Marine had M4 variants and HK 33/53 variants concurrent with the AUG. I think the HK 33/53’s also went away after the merger.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-12-21 at 02:09.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Am I missing something? That looks like a CTR stock to me.
    Yes, but no.

Yes the sliding butt portion is a CTR stock with a cheek riser, but that is only the rear portion of the Vltor M14 stock.

What you are missing is all the tan parts from the flashlight back are the Vltor M14 replacement stock. The rear portion has an M-4 style receiver extension which accepts M4 butt stocks.

Feedback Score
    What kind of morally deficient demented cretin would destroy a working non-enemy rifle that has done nothing wrong? That's worse than necrophilia and borders on pedophilia.
    Last edited by yellowfin; 06-23-21 at 16:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What kind of morally deficient demented cretin would destroy a working non-enemy rifle that has done nothing wrong? That's worse than necrophilia and borders on pedophilia.
    The other option was saw them in half and throw them in the smelter.

Take your pick....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345