Could a stand alone UHMWPE plate backed with lvl IIIA soft armor stop the steel penetrator tip of M855?

I am trying to find some tests or research on a stand alone polyethylene but where someone puts soft armor behind it for M855.
I understand UHMWPE can’t stop “armor piercing” rounds (the steel tip punches through) and for ICW (in conjunction with) ratings, the hard plate and soft armor must be certified together as the specific brand. Not any or all soft armor thrown behind the hard plate will have a NIJ rating because it’s too expensive to test all combinations so only one or two combos are usually endorsed for the ICW rating for each plate.

So what I’m try to find is... Has anyone done a non scientific test where they put soft armor behind a polyethylene plate and shot it with M855? I’m not specifically looking for NIJ testing. I’m just wonder if the hard plate would slow the steel tip down enough where the soft armor would catch it. From what I’ve seen usually the plate catches the copper and lead but steel insert “strips away” and punches through.
What about soft armor on the front and back of the plate?

I’ve just always wondered if that IIIa behind my plate is really adding any protection for me. Or is it just added weight?
I’m interested in the results. Maybe this could be an idea for members on here that have bigger name YouTube channels. They might have the plate and soft armor donated to them to perform the test. Gunsngear are you reading/listening?