Thread: opinions?

Feedback Score

opinions?

So if i was having a custom frame being made for me, how bad or not so bad of an idea would it be to have my real name used as the serial? I will never sell this piece once it's built up as i look at it as sort of like an "heirloom" gun. Opinions?

Feedback Score
    Would you also use your SSN as serial#?

Personally, I wouldn't

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never say never

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’d pass.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Since AR pattern guns don’t have a frame, I’m presuming this is a pistol because pistols do have frames. Doesn’t belong in the AR subforums.

Since type of gun remains mostly undefined, and we’re talking about identifying marks/engraving, moved to NFA.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Yeah... not sure about that. I'd rather keep all my personal info as far away from any database as possible. Just me though.

Feedback Score
    I had a virgin AK kit in need of a receiver, so I decided to have the receiver serial numbered with my wife's first and last initials, followed by a space, followed by her birth date. Since the serial number follows the same pattern as factory AK's, you wouldn't know unless you knew.

I wouldn't use my real name as the serial number. Keep in mind that a serial number must have one number minimum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Since AR pattern guns don’t have a frame, I’m presuming this is a pistol because pistols do have frames. Doesn’t belong in the AR subforums.

Since type of gun remains mostly undefined, and we’re talking about identifying marks/engraving, moved to NFA.
    it is a handgun. 1911 frame. I didn't put it in handgun or 1911 cuz there's no custom build sub forum there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rdcwannabe View Post
    Yeah... not sure about that. I'd rather keep all my personal info as far away from any database as possible. Just me though.
    i see. It's good to finally get some actual answers. I guess i have somewhat of a different mindset since i live in a state where we have to register our guns whether handgun or rifle anyway.