Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My first AR: 7.62x39 with Superlative Piston kit - Learning from failure...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

My first AR: 7.62x39 with Superlative Piston kit - Learning from failure...

I have never, ever heard of a round going off when chambering. In Iraq, the only negligent discharge that happened were from pulling a trigger on a loaded chamber with the safety off. I heard about several m-16’s, M9 pistol, m2 machine gun and mk19 weapon.
    The clearing barrels were at the gates and the entrance to the chow hall.
    Not saying it’s impossible, but nearly.

My dad recently bought one of the cheap bear creek 7.62x39 uppers. I had him get one of the (red x?) dedicated firing pins and it runs fine.
    Last edited by czgunner; 01-12-21 at 11:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    My dad recently bought one of the cheap bear creek 7.62x39 uppers. I had him get one of the (red x?) dedicated firing pins and it runs fine.
    I put one on my M16 and it runs 100% reliably.

Feedback Score
    I heard about this possibility and I saw a video of it once, so I chambered the same round 10 times at the range to see if I could get it to go off. Nope. That said, having knowledge of the slim possibility of detonation has significantly altered my behaviors when handling my rifle off the range. I no longer chamber rounds inside my house, or anytime I'm not intending to discharge the weapon. I don't know about everyone else's situation, but I cannot afford a single negligent discharge, no matter what.

On a side note, I went through very very basic M16 marksmanship training in the AF every 2 years for the 12 years I was on active duty and I don't remember the instructors ever mentioning the possibility of a round detonating when chambering. They should have, because there is the slight possibility of a bang if something is wrong with the rounds primer, or the firing pin is stuck in the bolt.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    No, the clearing barrel is for dry-firing into, to prove that weapons are unloaded. Unlike cops, they generally aren’t trusted to go around with a loaded chamber all the time. Soldiers tend to re-chamber rounds like a bazillion times, entering and leaving “the wire”. The reason re-chambering is not recommended is that it desensitizes primers, although, I can’t recall ever personally seeing an issue. I do advocate rotating ammo, though. Its easy insurance.

No offense to you or your buddy, but my first thought when someone has an unintentional discharge that was not visually observed, and they blame the gun, is that they are lying.
    Who said they blamed the gun? He might have been chambering a reload.

As for LEO's carrying one in the pipe? Pistols are okay with the FHP. It's a big "no" with their AR15's. My brother is FHP and no, he isn't a member here.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The clearing barrel is for rifles, pistols, shotguns, etc. Sorry for my lack of clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    Who said they blamed the gun? He might have been chambering a reload.

As for LEO's carrying one in the pipe? Pistols are okay with the FHP. It's a big "no" with their AR15's. My brother is FHP and no, he isn't a member here.
    RLTW
    “Your posts will be more accurate and received much better if you form your opinions with less emotion and more objectivity and then express them as if you’re in a discussion with friends, rather than an injured and cornered animal fighting for its life.” -Revolution 9 on the hide

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567