Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New glock 45 ftf, fte, etc

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks y'all.

Ammo was fiocchi, and some winchester aluminum stuff. Both were simultaneously shot in a m&p full size and compact and a 9mm ar-15 that takes glock mags with zero issues.

The same hitch that makes the slide hang up upon removal also makes it difficult to put back on, you have to force it.

The only picture I have was the very first failure on the first round, and has the slide open about 3/4" and a round jammed into the top of the barrel.

2 factory glock 17rd mags were used, along with a Magpul mag.

I'll be contacting glock today, they need to take this POS back and fix it.

I'll let everyone know what glock says. It is not user error, ammo, or magazine, it's a defective gun. I didn't expect it from glock, but nobody is perfect.

I have a blue label 43 sitting in the store awaiting pickup, hopefully I'm not unlucky enough to get 2 crappy glocks in a row.

And it was not detail stripped. I removed the slide so that I could install some ameriglo sights I bought, but after removing and installing the slide was difficult (putting it back on is very difficult), I decided not to swap the sights in case something was wrong and I didn't want to send a gun with aftermarket sights. So I put the slide back on and sure enough it's a POS when I shot it. I had someone shooting with me, a somewhat new to shooting small framed female, shooting the same ammo through both my m&ps (so I expected limp writing) with no issues, tiny wrists and all. It's the gun.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Sorry I can't help, but across 3 Gen 5s that I've owned, I did note they were more difficult to take the slide off and put back together. On the early Gen 5s, there was something with the striker and plunger that had to be done before the slide would go back on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12