Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has WM pulled all firearms/ammo in response tp Philly riots?

Feedback Score
    Who was the Walmart virtue signaling too? Their shareholders?

When communities cede law & order to the mob, what is reasonable for the largest gun retailer in the country do?

I *think* it was appropriate and even wise to lock down guns ahead of the election. You can pick the crazy, but the environment is hyped to the max presently. Social disorder around the election is absolutely foreseeable, so removing your guns from the mix seems reasonable. It protects your employees, your customers and your reputation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Left, who did you think I referring to?
    I'm old enough to remember when Sam ran the store, it's gone to shit since he has died because of his greedy family and share holders and yes Walmart supports a lot of leftist crap and buy billions from China every year to sell here. In Sam Walton's day everything sold in the store was made in the USA.
    If you're a 70 year old grandpa living alone, Walmart might likely be the only way you have access to guns or ammo.
    Packing everything up a week ahead isn't about whats going to happen next week, it's making sure the guy above doesn't have a chance. This isn't about making "peace", it's about virtue signalling to Biden/Harris that "We are with you !"
    That stock locks up as easily any day as it does the week before the election. It's the same BS attitude they have with not selling military calibers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm old enough to remember when Sam ran the store, it's gone to shit since he has died because of his greedy family and share holders and yes Walmart supports a lot of leftist crap and buy billions from China every year to sell here. In Sam Walton's day everything sold in the store was made in the USA.
    If you're a 70 year old grandpa living alone, Walmart might likely be the only way you have access to guns or ammo.
    Packing everything up a week ahead isn't about whats going to happen next week, it's making sure the guy above doesn't have a chance. This isn't about making "peace", it's about virtue signalling to Biden/Harris that "We are with you !"
    That stock locks up as easily any day as it does the week before the election. It's the same BS attitude they have with not selling military calibers.
    If grandpa can drive to Walmart for ammo he can drive anywhere for the same ammo. Living alone is irrelevant to buying ammo in walmart. And I don't know of too many places where WM is the only store within a gas tank driving distance

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    If I was a shareholder, I would be just fine with kissing some Biden/Harris rump about now. That is just smart investing... Counting on the DJT to stand by you has not worked out for many folks. Not Sessions, not his lawyer, not Barr, etc. I’m guessing Guiliani is next to be thrown beneath that bus. If Walmart is splitting the difference, that is smart.

As for leaving anyone out in the cold by Walmart, that is hard for me to buy. First, the store were still selling guns & ammo, just not displaying. Second, who was buying extra ammo or an 870 on Halloween who didn’t see this coming a month or six ago?

Walmart sucks. Walmart shoppers suck a lot more (me included).
    Sure, but it serves a damn valuable societal role.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    If grandpa can drive to Walmart for ammo he can drive anywhere for the same ammo. Living alone is irrelevant to buying ammo in walmart. And I don't know of too many places where WM is the only store within a gas tank driving distance
    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Although the Walmart here is in a rather nice area, we have a large population of retired people here. A lot of those people ride the Bus to and from, I don't know if they own cars or not, but they ride the bus and in numbers. Hell we even have a couple of old codgers with bicycles and paper boy baskets who make the ride to and from.
    I'm pretty sure that dynamic isn't unique to my A.O.
    No, living alone is not the same as living with someone else, absolutely not. Why do they put at least two Grunts in a foxhole? Because your twice as likely to be aware of what is going on. Large parts of our population aren't informed and don't watch the News, nor are they computer literate and they wont be awake Election night and waiting for the kickoff.

Just as a personal example,
    Today a Lady I know who is in her late 50's asked me to go car shopping with her. She was literally unaware of what has been happening and although she grew up in Chicago, she had no idea about Kenosha. So current events, clueless.
    And if you think that was bad you should have seen the sticker shock at the Dealership. Her last car, the car her Late Husband bought her was a 1998 Toyota.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123