Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, heck no. Only one episode of The Mandalorian S2?

Feedback Score
    So, maandalorian is between 6&7, so whatever we see here, that isn't impactful in 7, fails or doesn't survive.

Spoiler

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    So those robo-jedi we see at the end of this episode, they never can amount to much? Or is this like "Titanic", even if we know the ending, we don't know how the ending happened.

I like the show, but the episodes seem way too short. Plus I was waiting for the lava tide to come up and fill the valley or something. Plus, if you see something or they say something, it is foreshadowing. That tank under the tarp, the bike-speeders. It's not exactly "The Rifleman" telegraphed, but it is a little obvious.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    So, maandalorian is between 6&7, so whatever we see here, that isn't impactful in 7, fails or doesn't survive.
    It's a big galaxy. If you make an epic three-part movie about WWII and it doesn't include the Dieppe Raid, it doesn't mean the raid didn't happen or didn't have an impact.

Spoiler

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    So those robo-jedi we see at the end of this episode, they never can amount to much? Or is this like "Titanic", even if we know the ending, we don't know how the ending happened.
    No idea. It's a big galaxy. For all we know, Moff Gideon's little rump Empire might well survive well into the sequel trilogy with Dark Trooper-ish things roaming it's streets, keeping the "peace". Din Djarin, Cara Dune, Greef Carga, &c. could all be long dead by the time of the sequel trilogy for all we know. Because, again, it's a big galaxy.

I like the show, but the episodes seem way too short. Plus I was waiting for the lava tide to come up and fill the valley or something. Plus, if you see something or they say something, it is foreshadowing. That tank under the tarp, the bike-speeders. It's not exactly "The Rifleman" telegraphed, but it is a little obvious.
    Wait... so are you complaining that they didn't abide by Chekov's Gun by not having the lava tide come in or are you complaining that they do abide by Chekov's Gun by having the gun on the mantle go off by the third act (or not)?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Wife and son have been talking about this show for a while. They brought home the DVD of the first season. Alright, I'm hooked....
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Some folks might appreciate some recent Tweets from Gina Carano (Cara Dune):

We need to clean up the election process so we are not left feeling the way we do today.
    Put laws in place that protect us against voter fraud.
    Investigate every state.
    Film the counting.
    Flush out the fake votes.
    Require ID.
    Make Voter Fraud end in 2020.
    Fix the system.
    ����
    Link.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Yeah, poor Gina posted some other stuff as well not long ago that was barely controversial and got twitter-mobbed for it.
    I don't think she realized quite the can of worms she was opening...
    It made quite the splash in non/less-PC gaming/SW circles.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Definitely got Western-cum-Jidaigeki with this episode. I enjoyed it. And the live action Rey's master's father's former padawan didn't disappoint, either.

Didn't realize the one guy was Michael Biehn at first, though.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 11-27-20 at 21:32.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Definitely got Western-cum-Jidaigeki with this episode. I enjoyed it. And the live action Rey's master's father's former padawan didn't disappoint, either.

Didn't realize the one guy was Michael Biehn at first, though.
    Dave Filoni was the only director they could have picked for that episode. He's the one that brought Ahsoka to life and "raised" her through the various series.

Biehn had an aged Johnny Ringo vibe to him even though it was a limited part. I wish there could have been a minor arc of a few episodes with him as a bad guy. I've always thought he played an exceptional bad guy.

I don't want too many spoilers here, but that planet she sent him to has been played around in the Expanded Universe for years. I like how Favreau and Filoni are pulling bits and pieces of the old Expanded Universe into canon. And if the person she was looking for is drawn into the Mandalorian series? Oh, the fan theories are going to be outstanding on that front if they start along that path. They just opened a whole new world of possibilities.

As long as Favreau keeps at it, the rest of this season (and hopefully future ones) are going to be total fire.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    And I will say this, I don't care if he has a name. It's still Baby Yoda, dammit!

And this eight episodes per season thing sucks. Because you know they're going to leave a cliffhanger at the end of this season and we have to wait ten damn months for the next installment...
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I played around on that planet in Star Wars: The Old Republic. It'll be interesting to see how it looks compared to the game, although Korriban (they called it something different in TCW) looked very much like Korriban from KOTOR/KOTOR2/SWTOR in TCW.

While I agree the eight episodes per season sucks, I don't think they'll leave it as a cliffhanger. I imagine it will end like last season did: Main story for the season is wrapped up, with hooks laid out for season three and maybe/probably the Rebels sequel series.

ETA: I wonder if Hera Syndula is going to get a cavalry moment in the last episode...
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 11-28-20 at 08:11.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    And I will say this, I don't care if he has a name. It's still Baby Yoda, dammit!
    In this regard, I actually found the episode fairly disappointing. What would the screenplay have looked like without that? The same, same level of epic, but more mystery about his entire race. Ahsoka sharing more information about yoda the audience already knows would have felt like a better use of time.

My wife promptly pointed out that the lizard family got three episodes, Ahsoka gets like 0.75 of an episode... that's knowledge that can't be un-had. I know they'll continue reusing characters, and there's no way they're done with Bo-Katan and Ahsoka, but then it comes down to waiting years to see how that pans out, I'm less pressed for interesting character-driven stuff that connects to the rest of the lore, and would rather just have cool but broadly mysterious characters that can have open-ended story arcs written for them.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast