Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, heck no. Only one episode of The Mandalorian S2?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    This whole season was fire. Glad to see it didn't implode like GoT and it hasn't fallen victim to the whole End Every Season on a Cliffhanger thing that seems to be so popular these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Yes.

The preview after the credits was great.

How long before someone dubs “Damn it feels good to be a gangster” over that clip?
    He ain't bounty hunting for Jabba the Hutt to finance his 'Vette no more.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    100%. That was fantastic! We were robbed with the sequels, 1000% robbed....I loved every second of that episode and tried to tell myself that Luke doesn’t become what he is in the sequels....just bad writing.
    I can’t conjure the words to describe how awesome that finale was.

The Mandalorian is everything the sequels should have been. I am operating under the theory that nothing in the sequels ever happened. They are nothing but a horrible hallucination / dream that Han Solo experienced while frozen in carbonite.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    This whole season was fire. Glad to see it didn't implode like GoT and it hasn't fallen victim to the whole End Every Season on a Cliffhanger thing that seems to be so popular these days.
    OR going woke. There’s been small shades of it this season and the episode recappers/analysts are pushing narratives pretty hard. I pray, PRAY that Kathleen Kennedy keeps her greedy little SJW paws off of these series.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    I can’t conjure the words to describe how awesome that finale was.

The Mandalorian is everything the sequels should have been. I am operating under the theory that nothing in the sequels ever happened. They are nothing but a horrible hallucination / dream that Han Solo experienced while frozen in carbonite.
    I am in absolute agreement. As long as he doesn’t wake up having dreamt that he owned the Mos Eisley Cantina & Hotel.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    OR going woke. There’s been small shades of it this season and the episode recappers/analysts are pushing narratives pretty hard. I pray, PRAY that Kathleen Kennedy keeps her greedy little SJW paws off of these series.
    One thing the Mandalorian showed is how you can make a strong female character alongside a male character without having to make it overpowering. No Mary Sue in that series at all.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    While I did enjoy the second series, the "cavalry arriving in the nick of time" plot device was way overused.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Like father, like son.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    While I did enjoy the second series, the "cavalry arriving in the nick of time" plot device was way overused.
    Yeah, I definitely feel like it would have been forgivable to milk that entire story arc for one or two more seasons by adding some extra characters, developing some alliances, and all that in order to support that some major coordination would be actually be required to pull off that last episode. I guess it seems rushed when Disney could have comfortably raked in cash making it somewhat deeper and more consistently paced with the same overall story arc in mind.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    lol

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    As with Rogue One, when Disney gets it right they get it right in spades. The Mandalorian itself is worth the cost of Disney Plus. If they can do that on a consistent basis they're rake in the cash from us Gen X'ers for the next twenty years. I'm looking forward to The Book of Boba Fett. Hopefully they do that one as well as this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    As with Rogue One, when Disney gets it right they get it right in spades. The Mandalorian itself is worth the cost of Disney Plus. If they can do that on a consistent basis they're rake in the cash from us Gen X'ers for the next twenty years. I'm looking forward to The Book of Boba Fett. Hopefully they do that one as well as this one.
    I guess I'm in the obvious minority in that I'd have been extremely happy for them to go a lot slower with the plot development, really lean on the forshadowing going forward, and find opportunities to create fun side stories that can really grow the overall IP with options over the decades.
    Like you said, when they get it right, they get it right, but that involves taking risks, and some of the time those risks won't pan out, and they'll just create lame content, so you want a wider universe to do that in. For my part, I love the impression that there IS a wider galaxy that all of these things are taking part in, and it's not just some multi-decade soap opera about a few space wizard families that somehow end up wielding power over a galactic scale logistics train.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast