Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, heck no. Only one episode of The Mandalorian S2?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It was kind of like Lawrence of Arabia

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    Could that dude at the end be Boba Fett? That’s what to mind for me.
    Absolutely could be, and it would be fun if it is, but shouldn’t he be older?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    Absolutely could be, and it would be fun if it is, but shouldn’t he be older?
    Temuera Morrison is 59 years old. Boba Fett was born 32 years before the Battle of Yavin. The Mandalorian is set about 9 years after the Battle of Yavin.

Temuera Morrison, thus, is playing a man a generation younger than he is and Boba Fett should not be older than he appears in S2E1.

ETA: Morrison didn't just play Jango in Attack of the Clones, he also played the clones (although they were actually mostly CGI, so they borrowed his face, they didn't actually have him in costume on set) and voiced them, and voiced Boba Fett's lines for the post-prequel DVD release of the original trilogy.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 11-01-20 at 12:37.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Temuera Morrison, thus, is playing a man a generation younger than he is and Boba Fett should not be older than he appears in S2E1.
    I'm sure hanging out in the belly of a sarlacc waiting to be digested doesn't exactly do wonders for the appearance.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I do love the Robot Chicken Star Wars shorts.

Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I will accept that Boba is a clone but hopefully Temeura Morrisson tries to use the raspier original voice. Also I sorta didn’t want to see Boba unmasked. I accept he looks like the Clones but I figure he’s been disfigured and more world weary.

Also I never understood why Jango wanted a clone. Why not just get a woman?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Maybe, although being an absolute badass, he had zero social skills and was an incel.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I figure, based on what we've seen of the sorts of relationships bounty hunters seem to have with each other and with the galaxy's other scum and villainy (and those scum and villains have with each other outside of the bounty hunters), that Jango Fett realized he could trust no one else in the galaxy but himself. Even his natural-born progeny might be twisted by outside forces into betraying him, potentially even by their mother. And since the only person Jango Fett could trust is Jango Fett, why not have your son be literally genetically identical?

Or maybe Jango had a hard life growing up, his father dying or leaving him at a young age, maybe both of his parents died. And he decided to give himself - his clone son - a chance at having a relationship with a father figure that he'd never had.

Or Jango was a narcissist and viewed himself as practically perfect in every way. Why else would a Jedi Master come to him for the genetic template for a clone army? And like all narcissists, he desired immortality and/or eternal youth. Maybe he views genetic immortality, immortality through clones being genetic copies, as being literal immortality. Or maybe he had plans similar to Palpatine in the movie that shall not be named and thought he would somehow be able to transfer his soul into his clone's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I'm sure hanging out in the belly of a sarlacc waiting to be digested doesn't exactly do wonders for the appearance.
    No, and I'm sure living five, six years as a lone nomad on a desert planet with binary suns isn't exactly healthful for the skin, either. Moreover, it isn't like it'd be the first time someone decades older than the character they're portraying was cast for a particular role.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    Maybe, although being an absolute badass, he had zero social skills and was an incel.
    Slavery was not only legal but encouraged in those days. Just saying

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Slavery was not only legal but encouraged in those days. Just saying
    Crazy how socially acceptable norms, customs, attitudes, practices, etc of days gone by were like that.

But hey let’s get on that revisionism train because the past hurts our contemporary feelings.

Maybe we’ll get to do the same in 100 years over all this gender construct BS and right this shit show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast