Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never had this happen before

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Never had this happen before

The pictures aren’t the best but I tried to get them showing the bend. In the first picture you see how much of the coating and company markings have been stripped away.

BCM medium latch charging handle. They’re the only ones I run on any of my rifles. This particular one was on a rifle that was test fired with 50 rounds, cleaned and put away. It was in a standard colt le6920. No serious range time, classes, schools, no nothing.

I first realized there was a problem when I got my SOPMOD stock from Jack (Not gonna lie Jack, I cursed your name for a day or so because I thought you sent me a messed up stock!). I retracted the charging handle like normal and the thing would scuff the top of the stock and then gut stuck in place. I didn’t even need to hold the bolt hold open to lock the bolt, just let the charging handle do it’s thing and hang out on the stock. No visible damage, just that gradual bend in it. I don’t know how it happened but it’s there.

I went online to buy a new BCM charging handle (had it in 3 days!). I see they had a design change to it. Which of course I like a lot because it doesn’t feel like a rib is being pride apart.

Anyway, check your gear before and after use, and if you don’t already, by some BCM products because they’re a solid company!
    Last edited by davidjinks; 11-02-20 at 06:32. Reason: Horrible spelling and grammar!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post

Anyway, check your gear before and after use, and if you don’t already, by some BCM products because they’re a solid company!
    If so 'solid' - why did you need to replace after 50 rounds???

Feedback Score
    No VLTOR logo on my current gen BCM charging handles which function flawlessly on both BCM and non-BCM uppers..

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    At 50 rounds the charging handle had that kind of wear?

Color me skeptical.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How do you suppose that it got bent?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The charging handle is either warped, or wasn't heat treated properly. Regardless, contact BCM
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by n8vmind View Post
    No VLTOR logo on my current gen BCM charging handles which function flawlessly on both BCM and non-BCM uppers..

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Do you know why the new ones don't havve the Vltor logo on them? And why they are a different design?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Do you know why the new ones don't havve the Vltor logo on them? And why they are a different design?
    I have wondered about this. Can you provide feedback?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    At 50 rounds the charging handle had that kind of wear?

Color me skeptical.

Exactly. Aside of the bend that is a good bit of finish wear for that low of a round count.

Even if it was operated / cycled 50 times without firing any rounds - That is a good bit of finish wear...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I read that people were pinching their hands on the VLTOR style so BCM idiot proofed their new design.

VLTOR is still making their BCM style CH. I picked up a SOLGW/VLTOR branded mod4 earlier this summer for a new rifle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast