Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Never had this happen before

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Exactly. Aside of the bend that is a good bit of finish wear for that low of a round count.

Even if it was operated / cycled 50 times without firing any rounds - That is a good bit of finish wear...
    The CH is worn BECAUSE it is bent. Not worn AND bent.

Im surprised you didn't notice the charging handle was bad just simply hand cycling it. I got a bent CH in a PSA build kit. As soon as I hand cycled a few times I thought something was off. I applied white lithium grease to the top pf the handle and it was still bad so I then checked it for trueness. Using some quick and dirty Trig I discovered the handle had a less than 2* bend to it, but that was enough to make it unserviceable. PSA offered to replace it, but I declined as I just threw an upgraded CH in the gun anyways.
    Last edited by turnburglar; 10-31-20 at 19:42.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I replaced the charging handle because it was bent.

If so 'solid' - why did you need to replace after 50 rounds???
    The new one I purchased runs excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by n8vmind View Post
    No VLTOR logo on my current gen BCM charging handles which function flawlessly on both BCM and non-BCM uppers..

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    You can call it what it is. I’m not asking for anything from the manufacturer. I even stated I went and bought a new one to replace this one. 50 live rounds were fired with this rifle. And maybe another 100 or so dry fires/manipulations were done as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    At 50 rounds the charging handle had that kind of wear?

Color me skeptical.
    I honestly don’t know. It didn’t actually give me any problems until I switched to an LMT SOPMOD stock.

Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    How do you suppose that it got bent?
    Anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The charging handle is either warped, or wasn't heat treated properly. Regardless, contact BCM
    The finish wear comes from the fact it is bent.

Exactly. Aside of the bend that is a good bit of finish wear for that low of a round count.

Even if it was operated / cycled 50 times without firing any rounds - That is a good bit of finish wear...
    Like I said above, I didn’t notice it until I changed to a SOPMOD stock. That’s when I noticed the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

Im surprised you didn't notice the charging handle was bad just simply hand cycling it. I got a bent CH in a PSA build kit. As soon as I hand cycled a few times I thought something was off. I applied white lithium grease to the top pf the handle and it was still bad so I then checked it for trueness. Using some quick and dirty Trig I discovered the handle had a less than 2* bend to it, but that was enough to make it unserviceable. PSA offered to replace it, but I declined as I just threw an upgraded CH in the gun anyways.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I am curious as well.......

Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Do you know why the new ones don't havve the Vltor logo on them? And why they are a different design?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Do you know why the new ones don't havve the Vltor logo on them? And why they are a different design?
    They stopped teaming up on them around the time I decided to try replacing my medium latches with small/short to get away from the abdominal poke, so none were to be had. Can't remember if I contacted one or both?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Geissle ACH or Radian Raptor for me- no mo stabbing chest/ribs/whatever.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    The newer style CH from BCM is an excellent improvement. I like it a lot better that the original MOD 4 CH.

I will be replacing the others that I’m still using.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Geissle ACH or Radian Raptor for me- no mo stabbing chest/ribs/whatever.

Feedback Score
    The bend may have caused the wear on the top but on the sides???

Nope. That wear on the sides didn't come from that bend.

Feedback Score
    PSA offered to replace it, but I declined as I just threw an upgraded CH in the gun anyways.
    Those idiots will NEVER hire good QC people until enough people start complaining / returning the garbage they consistently ship out the door.

No matter if you upgraded to something else or not you should have made them fix their screw up because it was a 'screw up'. Why pay good money for stuff that is obviously not right???

If I ever go completely blind I am getting a job at PSA in their QC dept.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Well, I’m the owner of the CH, I bought it new, it was in a factory/unmodified LE6920. There were exactly 50 live rounds put through that rifle with another maybe 100 or so additional dry manipulations. The problem didn’t show itself until I switched the Colt waffle stock for a SOPMOD stock, which in fact has a higher “comb” than a standard issue stock.

You make it sound like it’s more than what it is. It’s a bent CH. How or why it bent, I don’t know. But I personally replaced this one with a brand new one out of pocket and I don’t expect, nor want anything from the manufacturer.

The bend may have caused the wear on the top but on the sides???

Nope. That wear on the sides didn't come from that bend.
    Last edited by davidjinks; 11-01-20 at 17:38. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    They are kinda bustin' your balls, aren't they? I took it as your reporting an unexpected situation, no more or less.

I would suggest contacting BCM for a replacement. You paid a premium to ensure you got a serviceable part and you should have received one.

Andy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast