Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Never had this happen before

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Maybe, maybe not, it’s hard to read people most of the time in the world of the internet. And too be honest, some people are diehard company supporters who believe their beloved can do no wrong. I’m not saying that’s happening here, but it’s possible.

Like I said, I don’t want a replacement from BCM. I think they’re a great company and have no doubt they would stand by their product. I ordered a new CH direct from them and will continue to use their products.

I just found it odd that I have a bent CH. Never had that happen to me before and I don’t know how it happened. Just sharing with the group that’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    They are kinda bustin' your balls, aren't they? I took it as your reporting an unexpected situation, no more or less.

I would suggest contacting BCM for a replacement. You paid a premium to ensure you got a serviceable part and you should have received one.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    The bend may have caused the wear on the top but on the sides???

Nope. That wear on the sides didn't come from that bend.
    The bend likely caused the sides to flare out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    ...The finish wear comes from the fact it is bent...
    I wasn't commenting on the wear. I was commenting on the bend. The part could have been warped during the extrusion process. Or it warped during an improper heat treat process. Or the material came out soft and got bent afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    The bend may have caused the wear on the top but on the sides???

Nope. That wear on the sides didn't come from that bend.
    Yes, it did. When the CH was bent, the sides had to bow outward as they were compressed, which cause rubbing.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    No worries, I was tracking with what you were saying. I’m out of my element when it comes to metals and treatments or how they’re manufactured.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I wasn't commenting on the wear. I was commenting on the bend. The part could have been warped during the extrusion process. Or it warped during an improper heat treat process. Or the material came out soft and got bent afterwards.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Do you know why the new ones don't havve the Vltor logo on them? And why they are a different design?
    Eric Kincel was with VLTOR and the original CH design stayed with VLTOR. Eric is with BCM now, and the new CHs are designed for BCM. Any with both markings are VLTOR produced FOR Bravo.

Vltor's finish has rubbed of pretty easily on a few of my CHs too. No idea about the bending, but I'd send it to VLTOR for possible replacement.
    Last edited by markm; 11-02-20 at 07:35.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm sure the new charging handles are great, but I am quite happy with my (Mod 4 and 5) Vltor/BCM units. What do I know though? I use a few quality MilSpec handles without too much trouble.

Andy

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    I have wondered about this. Can you provide feedback?
    Vltor terminated the relationship due to poor quality control.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99cobra2881 View Post
    I read that people were pinching their hands on the VLTOR style so BCM idiot proofed their new design.

VLTOR is still making their BCM style CH. I picked up a SOLGW/VLTOR branded mod4 earlier this summer for a new rifle.
    That is absolutely wrong. The design was intended to not have any seems on the back to increase strength. The New BCM one splits it down the middle, which completely goes against that principle.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Doc, in regards to seams, you’re talking about the rear of the CH latch area correct?

That is absolutely wrong. The design was intended to not have any seems on the back to increase strength. The New BCM one splits it down the middle, which completely goes against that principle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Do you know why the new ones don't havve the Vltor logo on them? And why they are a different design?
    I don't knkw but I hate the new latch design. I wish I would have bought a bushel of the old ones

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast