Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Plate Debate

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I've heard that hard armor can be tricky with women because of their chest which could make fitment problematic.

You could always get a carrier and level IIIa soft armor which might fit better.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    My wife really didn't have issues with the LAPG plates, but yes there is a bit of "a front side coverage" but it does protect most vitals and I didn't see much out there in plates for women.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Any reccomendation on the soft body armor? After a quick search, only coming up with a couple options, most of which, never heard of the company.
    I wondered the same about plates, fitment issues as a result of "anatomical differences," lol. My wife loves shooting, but couldn't hurt a fly. I just want something for a HD situation, just in case, and the soft armor sounds like a better fit for that role. Thanks again for the advice.
    Last edited by pstk5088; 01-19-21 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I got my set of L3s from LAPG yesterday. They're thicker than I'd expected, but they fit great in my Mayflower carrier. I haven't yet put the carrier on with both plates in place due to a back problem I'm hopefully almost through with.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I got my set of L3s from LAPG yesterday. They're thicker than I'd expected, but they fit great in my Mayflower carrier. I haven't yet put the carrier on with both plates in place due to a back problem I'm hopefully almost through with.
    Can I ask why you chose those specific plates? Learn me please...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Does anyone have a source for lvl3 soft armor? SKD only sells to civilians if you get some permission slip notarized, a copy of your driver's license, and get a background check done with your local pd. I have no problem passing any of the above, but I'm not jumping through hoops for them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pstk5088 View Post
    Does anyone have a source for lvl3 soft armor? SKD only sells to civilians if you get some permission slip notarized, a copy of your driver's license, and get a background check done with your local pd. I have no problem passing any of the above, but I'm not jumping through hoops for them.
    Ebay, Botach and other vendors.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pstk5088 View Post
    Pretty sure there's no such thing as Level III soft armor. Are you talking about Level III plates or Level IIIA soft armor?
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Pretty sure there's no such thing as Level III soft armor. Are you talking about Level III plates or Level IIIA soft armor?
    Yes IIIA, soft armor.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Bought a set of the Botach Level 4 11x14 large plates back on Jan 13th when they had over 250 plates in stock. I know it takes a bit of time to get things out the door these days, but I just got notified last nite that my order was cancelled with no reason why. I notice that the 10x12 Level 4 plates are now listed as out of stock also when they just had them back in stock. Anyone else out there have the same experience with their order? I wonder if there was a problem with the manufacture of the plates.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    Botach.... but I just got notified last nite that my order was cancelled with no reason why. I notice that the 10x12 Level 4 plates are now listed as out of stock also when they just had them back in stock. Anyone else out there have the same experience with their order?
    The problem is with Botach. If you got away without having to dispute your charges, thank God and never risk it again.

You're lucky they didn't ship you some 5.11 socks and bill you for the plates. They're completely incompetent.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast