Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Plate Debate

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    Bought a set of the Botach Level 4 11x14 large plates back on Jan 13th when they had over 250 plates in stock. I know it takes a bit of time to get things out the door these days, but I just got notified last nite that my order was cancelled with no reason why. I notice that the 10x12 Level 4 plates are now listed as out of stock also when they just had them back in stock. Anyone else out there have the same experience with their order? I wonder if there was a problem with the manufacture of the plates.
    I had a bad experience with Botach with an order of magazines, it took over a month and this was before the craziness we're seeing now.
    Fortunately I wasn't in a rush and have ordered things from them since without issue.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I had a bad experience with Botach with an order of magazines, it took over a month and this was before the craziness we're seeing now.
    Fortunately I wasn't in a rush and have ordered things from them since without issue.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I haven't had a bad experience with them.... til now. I ordered the plates when they had over 250 in stock. Never shipped and the order was cancelled. I emailed and asked why and got a bs answer that they had a system screw up. So, I reordered them when they had some in stock again. They provided a tracking # and marked them as shipped. No update from UPS on the shipping status, so I emailed yet again and asked what the deal was. Was told now that they over sold them and they will have more in 2 weeks. Pretty piss poor service this time IMHO. I don't see how it was oversold when I checked when I ordered them and the number in stock reflected what was sold. Won't be dealing with them again if this continues like this.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    Bought a set of the Botach Level 4 11x14 large plates back on Jan 13th when they had over 250 plates in stock. I know it takes a bit of time to get things out the door these days, but I just got notified last nite that my order was cancelled with no reason why. I notice that the 10x12 Level 4 plates are now listed as out of stock also when they just had them back in stock. Anyone else out there have the same experience with their order? I wonder if there was a problem with the manufacture of the plates.
    They’re a shit show and always have been. If you didn’t lose money, you’re lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I bailed on AR500bodyarmor after multiple delays and difficult communications. The only action (besides charging my card) I got out of them was cancelling my order. To their credit, they refunded the money back to my card quickly when I cancelled.

I will simply buy better plates and USA made carrier and belts, so no harm done.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I bailed on AR500bodyarmor after multiple delays and difficult communications. The only action (besides charging my card) I got out of them was cancelling my order. To their credit, they refunded the money back to my card quickly when I cancelled.

I will simply buy better plates and USA made carrier and belts, so no harm done.

Andy
    They did you a favor, my friend!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    They did you a favor, my friend!
    I really do agree. I have a set of AR500 plates and a Condor plate carrier now, so its time to upgrade, not duplicate.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really do agree. I have a set of AR500 plates and a Condor plate carrier now, so its time to upgrade, not duplicate.

Andy
    Yea man, sell that stuff on Reddit and grab some Hesco or Agilite or something. I would recommend springing for multicurve, but literally anything is better than steel.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I'm retired from the Army (non-Combat Arms) and drive a desk at a defense contractor in a pretty calm part of the South.

Am I crazy/in a Walter Mitty fantasy for thinking I should buy a plate carrier and rifle plates to prepare for the remote chance we have a social break down in the next 10 <strike>years</strike> MONTHS?
    Other than your timetable... no.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Robison View Post
    They’re a shit show and always have been. If you didn’t lose money, you’re lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, after my initial purchase and reordering the plates 2 other times, I finally got them. My first order was cancelled because they said there was an inventory problem even though when I ordered them, they had 260+ plates in stock. The second order wasn't filled even though I don't know why as they had them in stock again but no charge on the card. The third order was finally filled. I had to continually email them til they refunded the initial charge to my card. I guess I got lucky from what others have said here. That said, it was a pain in the arse enough that I will not deal with them again. After trying to find a carrier to fit these plates, I've finally decided to make my own. Found the materials, but I have to find a machine that can handle heavy duty sewing for the cordura fabric.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Out of curiosity, I was looking at the level 4 plates from LA Police Gear. Has anyone used these plates in the APTUM SAPI/SHOOTER Minimalist Plate Carrier. I have the large SAPI carrier, but no plates for it. I thought the BOTACH plates would work, but not.
    Last edited by teufelhund1918; 03-17-21 at 07:59.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast