Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Plate Debate

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    Out of curiosity, I was looking at the level 4 plates from LA Police Gear. Has anyone used these plates in the APTUM SAPI/SHOOTER Minimalist Plate Carrier.
    I have them, they fit in my banshee, and my new DM Plate carrier. Probably not the lightest or slimmest but they work.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The plate bags on the Banshee are very forgiving, size/shape-wise.

The Aptum, not so much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    The plate bags on the Banshee are very forgiving, size/shape-wise.

The Aptum, not so much.
    Neither on the DM, it was a tight fit to get them in there, but they fit.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Bought a set of the Botach Level 4 11x14 large plates back on Jan 13th when they had over 250 plates in stock. I know it takes a bit of time to get things out the door these days, but I just got notified last nite that my order was cancelled with no reason why. I notice that the 10x12 Level 4 plates are now listed as out of stock also when they just had them back in stock. Anyone else out there have the same experience with their order? I wonder if there was a problem with the manufacture of the plates.
    Yeah, Botach is known for those actions. The plates you ordered, and got cancelled on, will be back on sale at a higher price and an appropriate later date. It’s how they roll,/e glad you got you money.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Out of curiosity, I was looking at the level 4 plates from LA Police Gear. Has anyone used these plates in the APTUM SAPI/SHOOTER Minimalist Plate Carrier. I have the large SAPI carrier, but no plates for it. I thought the BOTACH plates would work, but not.
    Did you end up trying out the LAPG, L4 plate in your APTUM? I also just ordered a L4 plate and was thinking it would fit in the 10x12. Maybe I should wait till I have them it in hand and measered. Then reach out to them for suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Bought a set of the Botach Level 4 11x14 large plates back on Jan 13th when they had over 250 plates in stock. I know it takes a bit of time to get things out the door these days, but I just got notified last nite that my order was cancelled with no reason why. I notice that the 10x12 Level 4 plates are now listed as out of stock also when they just had them back in stock. Anyone else out there have the same experience with their order? I wonder if there was a problem with the manufacture of the plates.
    That’s what happens when you order from a shit company like botach. Why anyone continues to do business with those Jack asses is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Did you end up trying out the LAPG, L4 plate in your APTUM? I also just ordered a L4 plate and was thinking it would fit in the 10x12. Maybe I should wait till I have them it in hand and measered. Then reach out to them for suggestions?
    I haven't ordered them, but I have compared the size of the plate to the size of the carrier. It looks like they may be a little on the small side for the carrier, but not a whole lot. At $119 for a level 4 plate, that is a good deal and they have a good reputation to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    That’s what happens when you order from a shit company like botach. Why anyone continues to do business with those Jack asses is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've ordered from them in the past without a problem. Not many things, but a few orders over the last couple of years. This time though it was enough that they put me off on ordering from them again.
    Last edited by teufelhund1918; 03-18-21 at 05:50.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    ...Has anyone used these plates in the APTUM SAPI/SHOOTER Minimalist Plate Carrier. I have the large SAPI carrier, but no plates for it. I thought the BOTACH plates would work, but not.
    ... After trying to find a carrier to fit these plates, I've finally decided to make my own. Found the materials, but I have to find a machine that can handle heavy duty sewing for the cordura fabric.
    Let me guess... these Botach plates are the 10x12 plate cut that are wider at the top than a proper SAPI?
    If so, you made the right choice assuming you'll need to make your own carrier.
    OR you'll need to buy a carrier with a very 'square' plate bag design, like an AVS/FCPC current gen, etc.

Per the LAPG Level 4 plates and the Aptum- don't know if the Minimalist version differs much from the standard Aptum, but the standard Aptum has a pretty slim/exact plate fit.
    For reference, Hesco 3810 fits near-exact perfectly, Hesco 3611C plates are almost to thick, and take some stretching to stuff in, they are just about to fat to fit.
    I am almost considering trying to sell the 3611Cs cuz they are *really* shoved in there, and I feel like I am putting un-needed stress on the carrier. YMMV
    So, if those LAPG plates are thicker than the 3611Cs, forget it.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 03-18-21 at 20:46.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Why would any American buy LAPG chinese plates?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Because they're affordable, and they work?

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast