Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Plate Debate

Feedback Score
    Just got the level III LAPG plates and Atlas carrier (because I'm frugal as f**k). Initial impression is good. Gonna start doing some workouts in it this week. Hopefully in a week or two I'll be able to start running some shooting drills now that it's getting warmer outside. It's been about 10 years since I've shot wearing armor so it'll be fun relearning that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Because they're affordable, and they work?
    ^^^This, my actual need to wear armor is extremely low, I'm not a GI Joe no more and for all intensive purposes this works. I guess I also don't go around looking verifying that all the products I own are made in the US, maybe I'm lazy, but mostly I'm just looking to fill the need and then I move on.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I ordered my 2nd plate (lapg L4 Plate) and the Beez Aptum front and rear 10x12 bags.

The plate I have now seems made well as far as its exterior... A quick toss on my bathroom scale said 6.5lbs, will try to weigh it on my kitchen scale to get a better measurement.
    Last edited by vandal5; 03-19-21 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Double tap.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    double
    Last edited by teufelhund1918; 03-22-21 at 08:11.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    I ordered my 2nd plate (lapg L4 Plate) and the Beez Aptum front and rear 10x12 bags.

The plate I have now seems made well as far as its exterior... A quick toss on my bathroom scale said 6.5lbs, will try to weigh it on my kitchen scale to get a better measurement.
    How was the fit in the plate carrier for these plates?
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    I just placed my order the other day. Might be a few weeks before I get it. I will be sure to update once I get it all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Wore the Atlas on the treadmill the other day, really comfortable once I took the shoulder straps off no chafing on the hips. Gonna be a bit before I get a chance to run a rifle with it on, but I'll keep working out in it for the meantime.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    Looks like my order shipped. I'll post an update once it shows up.

Any particular info you (or anyone else) looking for? I can try to take some pics and do a quick write up of what I have and any fitment issues if any. Can post here or in one of the other gear pic threads.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Beez Aptum showed up today. I ordered the 10x12 front and rear with the tubes elastic cummerbun (3 pocket). My LAPG lvl4 plates slid in with no issues. They fit Snug but not too tight, on one when I was first sliding it in I had it a little canted and it was binding... Once I realized and squared it up it slid right in. Both front and rear pockets were deep enough to fully close around the plates.

Total weight as is 13.2lbs.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast