Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AR General Discussion forum dead?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AR General Discussion forum dead?

Seems like the only thing that is posted over there anymore is the old "which AR should I buy" or "should I buy this piece of gear" thread. Maybe only 1 or 2 people reply to threads in the forum per day. Seems dead, and nothing really interesting to read there anymore. The General Discussion forum is a little more interesting and I like reading your guys's opinions on current events, but still only seems like a handful of people posting here. This website as a whole is becoming a ghost town.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Um we have lives. Plus nothing really to talk about.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    What he said

Although, I gotta admit I haven't seen a good AR lube thread in a while. I have a feeling were missing out on some new and potentially game changing oils

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 10-31-20 at 16:09.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Well, I mean, what do you expect from a website where the search button reigns supreme?
    As far as I know the major informational issues haven't changed in 10+ years, so the only things TO talk about are new issues. Like... which widget should I buy since x and x items didn't exist a couple years ago.

Also, the fact that the last decade of leftist asshattery has left us flush with a plethora of solid AR and AR accessory manufacturers, so the endless refrain of "just buy x and x already' tends to cut through a lot of BS since it's "easy mode" for new buyers right now.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Just go over to ARFCOM - they've had an interesting thread going for your edification:

"Do Vampires Poop?"

I do visit that place once in a while. I would post something here about an auction I went to Wednesday evening in Las Vegas, New Mexico where I was the high bidder for a NIB Ruger AR-556, but I'd get run out. $290 for the thing. Owner bought it a couple of years ago, never used it and died. I'd be getting high fives at that other site.

Now I need to ponder how well I did. Fit and finish seems nice. Might end up being a fun shooter. But don't tell too many people here I own a FUDD gun......
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Just go over to ARFCOM - they've had an interesting thread going for your edification:

"Do Vampires Poop?"

I do visit that place once in a while. I would post something here about an auction I went to Wednesday evening in Las Vegas, New Mexico where I was the high bidder for a NIB Ruger AR-556, but I'd get run out. $290 for the thing. Owner bought it a couple of years ago, never used it and died. I'd be getting high fives at that other site.

Now I need to ponder how well I did. Fit and finish seems nice. Might end up being a fun shooter. But don't tell too many people here I own a FUDD gun......
    Dude I'd love to have an AC556! Congrats!

Oh wait, you said AR556. Never mind.....
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Dude I'd love to have an AC556! Congrats!

Oh wait, you said AR556. Never mind.....
    I don't recall ever seeing the Ruger AC556 until the first episodes of The A-Team. I was in my last months of flight school and the wife and I had off-base housing in Dothan, Alabama. Kind of a crummy apartment, but I was a 2LT. That was ca. January 1983. That was a cool looking weapon, for sure.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post

"Do Vampires Poop?"

Pretty hard to beat under $300 for a like-new AR.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    What, like GlockTalk and the new, exciting front serrations on the newest pistol? Does seem like most everything has been discussed though. Hard to develop something actually new- like the Franklin Armory and the smooth bore barrel stuff. Really? At least they are trying.
    In general, guns have reached their technological high point.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Everyone is jaded or something. If we were all scrounging for food and women and clothes and shelter then in our few moments of leisure we could talk about our grand daily adventure in life, but now we're just waiting for the boog.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast