Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOF rescues US citizen in Nigeria

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

SOF rescues US citizen in Nigeria

US. special operations forces, including members of the U.S. Navy's elite SEAL Team Six, have rescued an American citizen, who was kidnapped just days ago in the northwest African country of Niger, in a raid in neighboring Nigeria. You can read more about what is known about the abduction of 27-year-old Philip Walton from his home in the Nigerien village of Massalata, less than five miles from the Nigerian border, on Oct. 26, in The War Zone's previous reporting on that incident. At the time, we had predicted that some type of special operations mission operation to rescue Mr. Walton could be imminent.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...can-in-nigeria
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    All but one of the kidnappers were killed. How did that oversight happen? Are they getting soft? That guy has a great story to go tell the other "criminal enterprisers" and terrorists in the region.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    I’d be willing to bet they didn’t just leave him behind. I mean, it’s possible. But not likely.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Book to follow....

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    The survivor either:

Wasn’t anywhere nearby when the rescue launched,
    Provided the intel that gave the position to US SOF (or was maybe bribed - meaning they sold out their comrades rather than sell the American to ISIS),
    Was taken prisoner to be pumped for intel, or
    They were left alive to tell their tale to everyone they know and everyone they ever meet.

Or maybe some combination of the above.

ETA: Or he threw his hands in the air and surrendered while his buddies reached for their guns.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 10-31-20 at 16:18.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    ROE is a little different than the last Administration. Leaving one guy alive to tell the tale of the Babi Yaga is cheaper than constant missions if they’re always looking over their shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    "Tears of the Sun" comes to mind.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Not gonna lie...
    I'd be pretty stoked if I was just some random guy that got kidnapped, and I somehow rated Marsoc/Raiders AND Seals to come kick doors and haul me out of there, and I got a free ride on a blackhawk/opsrey to boot...
    Like, it would almost make the whole ordeal worth it.

I mean, kinda seriously though... heck of a response for one random.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Seems to be a lot of quick activity for a simple Missionary living with his wife and kids, doing nothing more than raising camels, sheep, poultry and growing mango trees.....? I've been out of the loop for a while, but average civilians and missionary types don't garner that rapid of a response when reported to the Department of State, especially going thru the normal chain.

From my numerous adventures to the hell holes of the world, I do recall there are folks who just blend into the local communities, call little attention to themselves, but serve as the eyes and ears for people back here. I would not be surprised that Mr. Philip Walton was a multi-talented individual.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Seems to be a lot of quick activity for a simple Missionary living with his wife and kids, doing nothing more than raising camels, sheep, poultry and growing mango trees.....? I've been out of the loop for a while, but average civilians and missionary types don't garner that rapid of a response when reported to the Department of State, especially going thru the normal chain.

From my numerous adventures to the hell holes of the world, I do recall there are folks who just blend into the local communities, call little attention to themselves, but serve as the eyes and ears for people back here. I would not be surprised that Mr. Philip Walton was a multi-talented individual.
    Probably just a poor farmer from Virginia.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast