Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3X TAC A1 20” .308

Feedback Score
    This might come across as rude, but I'm honestly trying to help out here, so, take it for what it is, I don't mean to offend.
    Seeing your results with the 175 Blackies, I suggest you save the money to get a chassis, and invest in practice ammo and/or a class. With that rifle, and certainly with that scope, those 20 rounds should've given you a group half that size (not counting the occasional flyer. It happens). You've got something wrong going on in your fundamentals, is my guess.
    Last edited by Frenchman; 11-16-20 at 19:58.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    There are exactly 114 rounds through this rifle. If you read the OP, I fully admit that I’m not a long range shooter.

I will be shooting more with the rifle as is. I’m still looking a chassis and a suppressor. None of that is important right now. I need to get more rounds downrange.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
    This might come across as rude, but I'm honestly trying to help out here, so, take it for what it is, I don't mean to offend.
    Seeing your results with the 175 Blackies, I suggest you save the money to get a chassis, and invest in practice ammo and/or a class. With that rifle, and certainly with that scope, those 20 rounds should've given you a group half that size (not counting the occasional flyer. It happens). You've got something wrong going on in your fundamentals, is my guess.

Feedback Score
    Actually, permit me to give some advice, albeit unsolicited.
    I don't know if they have Appleseed shootings where you live. It is a most excellent way to improve your fundamentals. Sounds weird at first, but down here in the Northeast, there's a few going on per year, and I know some accomplished marksmen who aren't ashamed to take a refresher at an Appleseed. It will keep you from making the same mistakes over and over, until they turn into a bad habit.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I used YoDaveProducts trigger springs in my two.
    Not difficult, pull weight down to 11/12 oz is doable.
    I run about a pound.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Thank you for this info. I’m really not sure I’m going to do anything to the trigger yet. I haven’t put it on a gauge but it “feels” like it breaks clean at 2 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I used YoDaveProducts trigger springs in my two.
    Not difficult, pull weight down to 11/12 oz is doable.
    I run about a pound.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

More Range Time

The more I shoot this rifle the more I’m liking it!

This group was fired after 30 rounds of Hornady 168 Grain SST (My rifle definitely doesn’t like that ammo so I won’t be exploring that ammo anymore).

10 rounds .308 Win, Lapua 175 Grain Scenar L OTM, 100 yards, atlas bipod and rear bag.

These next groups were different types of hunting ammo I’m testing for this year and years to follow. This rifle is currently not “zeroed” for any specific load. I’m mainly working on fundamentals and seeing what it likes and dislikes. I took random aim on the target and fired either 10 or 20 round groups from an atlas bipod and rear bag.

Center group is the last 5 rounds of the Lapua ammo. Group under that is 15 rounds of 150 grain Federal Fusion. I’ve noticed a pattern with Federal/Speer ammo using the Fusion/Gold Dot bullet, all of the groups string the exact same way no matter what I do. My rifle shoots the Speer Gold Dot 168 Grain the same exact way it does the Fusion 150 Grain in the exact same pattern.

Top group is 10 rounds, 150 Grain Sig ST all copper bullet. I like this particular round and feel it has more to offer with my rifle setup. Far right group is 20 rounds of Sellier and Bellot 180 Grain SPCE. I think it will be a shoot off between the Sig ammo and the S&B ammo. I like both of them and they both shot great.

So far for match ammo I'll be sticking with the Lapua 175 Scenar L OTM. And I’ll be doing another couple range sessions for the hunting ammo.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post

Frenchman should be happy with that one.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Chuckle...

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Frenchman should be happy with that one.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yep. That group is def “getting there”.

Well done.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Why thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Yep. That group is def “getting there”.

Well done.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast