Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3X TAC A1 20” .308

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Tikka T3X TAC A1 20” .308

No range time yet, however I picked this up direct from Eurooptic and couldn’t be happier. I came in way under my budget that I set for myself. I was hoping to grab another NF scope but I couldn’t pass up the sale on the Vortex Strike Eagle. The scope sits in NF Ultralite 1.265” rings.

I’m no competition shooter. I got this rifle because I wanted to have a precision based rig that I can use for punching holes in paper, hitting steel, hunting, and if I ever decide to do a comp I have something capable.

It is a hefty rifle but by no means unwieldy. My max walk for hunting is maybe a hundred yards and then I sit for the rest of the day. Max shots for hunting is around 350 yards. However, because I’m lazy and dislike a lot of walking and dragging a carcass behind me, I try to keep it within 150 yards.

Only discrepancy I have found with the rifle is the rail isn’t centered and isn’t on the same plain as the top rail, which I was able to easily fix. No huge deal because I’m not bridging the gap.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    YUP I also just picked one up EuroOptic. The 20" 308s were a steal for the features and price. Have had it to 700 with no issues since breaking in the barrel. Running mine with a Leupold Mark 5 5-25

My only dislikes so far are the mags and the fact that the rifle is a little light and thus moves a little more than some of my other 308s during recoil. I really had my eye on the 16" rifles but for the money couldn't pass on the 20". Main use will be a mid range precision rifle with PVS30 support for things that might try to hide at night.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    “Couldn’t be happier” but haven’t even shot it yet. Come on.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    So someone can’t be happy because they purchased a new rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    “Couldn’t be happier” but haven’t even shot it yet. Come on.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    So someone can’t be happy because they purchased a new rifle?
    Called it. “Couldn’t be happier.” 2 boxes of ammo later, broken.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    You’re drunk, you should go to bed. I’m still happy about the rifle, scope and all. Sorry you don’t find joy in things you do.

Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Called it. “Couldn’t be happier.” 2 boxes of ammo later, broken.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Anything specific with the mags?

Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    YUP I also just picked one up EuroOptic. The 20" 308s were a steal for the features and price. Have had it to 700 with no issues since breaking in the barrel. Running mine with a Leupold Mark 5 5-25

My only dislikes so far are the mags and the fact that the rifle is a little light and thus moves a little more than some of my other 308s during recoil. I really had my eye on the 16" rifles but for the money couldn't pass on the 20". Main use will be a mid range precision rifle with PVS30 support for things that might try to hide at night.

Feedback Score
    Only two complaints about the rifle.

Wished the stock had a tool-less adjustable LoP.

A 10 or 20 MOA rail on the receiver.

Yes, I would have paid more for those two items to be OEM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Only two complaints about the rifle.

Wished the stock had a tool-less adjustable LoP.

A 10 or 20 MOA rail on the receiver.

Yes, I would have paid more for those two items to be OEM.
    I had the same thought when I got mine but using a scope mount with built in 10moa I was able to get to 1000 yards just fine, plenty left in the scope elevation.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Some Technical Help Please

How do I get these sling mounts out of the rear of the stock? They are for sling hooks but the mount above that is for a detachable standard sling. These sling mounts get in the way of the top mount.

There appears to be a tab that holds these in the stock that looks like it’s staked in place, it’s difficult to get the picture.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast