Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3X TAC A1 20” .308

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Technical Question

It is my understanding that the TAC A1 takes AR15 type grips.

If I change the grip out, do I use the grip screw already in the rifle or can I use the supplied grip screw that comes with the new grip?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    You can use the same OEM screw.

Feedback Score
    Just got a 20" from eurooptic. My first bolt gun. Has anyone chronographed factory Fgmm 175s or 168s? I'm still debating which Chrono to buy and would like to get out and shoot it before I make my decision. Thanks gentlemen!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I have not chronographed anything from this rifle. I’ll probably do some chrono when the weather is less crappy.

CED M2 Chronograph is what I use.

Quote Originally Posted by pitt View Post
    Just got a 20" from eurooptic. My first bolt gun. Has anyone chronographed factory Fgmm 175s or 168s? I'm still debating which Chrono to buy and would like to get out and shoot it before I make my decision. Thanks gentlemen!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

What is this stuff?

I swapped out pistol grips the other night. From the factory, the grip screw was definitely loctited in place with blue loctite (or vibratite). Anyway, I removed the screw/grip and cleaned off the threads and began installing the new grip with OEM screw.

While I was working, I noticed these tiny little white balls falling out of the grip screw hole. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Some of them got into the trigger mechanism and played hell with the trigger. I eventually got everything cleaned up and put back together. No clue where or what this stuff is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitt View Post
    With a 20' T3 CTR in .308 and FGMM 175gr I get 2600fps unsuppressed and 2611fps suppressed.

As far as chronos go, I would get a LabRadar as first choice and then a Magneto Speed as second choice.
    I have a Magneto Speed and one of the optical chronos. I find the optical ones very tempermental and a PITA to setup correctly.
    If I get to shoot more long range this year, I will be picking up a LabRadar.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I missed that sale at europtic, I didn't pull the trigger. If anyone sees a good deal, please let me/us know. I'm in the mkt for one

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    I missed that sale at europtic, I didn't pull the trigger. If anyone sees a good deal, please let me/us know. I'm in the mkt for one
    Try calling them and asking if they'll honor the sale price. A lot of retailers are willing to do that.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Try calling them and asking if they'll honor the sale price. A lot of retailers are willing to do that.
    great idea, will do tomorrow morning and report back. Thanks, honestly hadn't thought of that but makes sense.

will let you know how it plays out

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    great idea, will do tomorrow morning and report back. Thanks, honestly hadn't thought of that but makes sense.

will let you know how it plays out
    Awesome! Good luck!
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast