Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3X TAC A1 20” .308

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Tikka T3X TAC A1 20” .308

No range time yet, however I picked this up direct from Eurooptic and couldn’t be happier. I came in way under my budget that I set for myself. I was hoping to grab another NF scope but I couldn’t pass up the sale on the Vortex Strike Eagle. The scope sits in NF Ultralite 1.265” rings.

I’m no competition shooter. I got this rifle because I wanted to have a precision based rig that I can use for punching holes in paper, hitting steel, hunting, and if I ever decide to do a comp I have something capable.

It is a hefty rifle but by no means unwieldy. My max walk for hunting is maybe a hundred yards and then I sit for the rest of the day. Max shots for hunting is around 350 yards. However, because I’m lazy and dislike a lot of walking and dragging a carcass behind me, I try to keep it within 150 yards.

Only discrepancy I have found with the rifle is the rail isn’t centered and isn’t on the same plain as the top rail, which I was able to easily fix. No huge deal because I’m not bridging the gap.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    YUP I also just picked one up EuroOptic. The 20" 308s were a steal for the features and price. Have had it to 700 with no issues since breaking in the barrel. Running mine with a Leupold Mark 5 5-25

My only dislikes so far are the mags and the fact that the rifle is a little light and thus moves a little more than some of my other 308s during recoil. I really had my eye on the 16" rifles but for the money couldn't pass on the 20". Main use will be a mid range precision rifle with PVS30 support for things that might try to hide at night.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    “Couldn’t be happier” but haven’t even shot it yet. Come on.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    So someone can’t be happy because they purchased a new rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    “Couldn’t be happier” but haven’t even shot it yet. Come on.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Anything specific with the mags?

Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    YUP I also just picked one up EuroOptic. The 20" 308s were a steal for the features and price. Have had it to 700 with no issues since breaking in the barrel. Running mine with a Leupold Mark 5 5-25

My only dislikes so far are the mags and the fact that the rifle is a little light and thus moves a little more than some of my other 308s during recoil. I really had my eye on the 16" rifles but for the money couldn't pass on the 20". Main use will be a mid range precision rifle with PVS30 support for things that might try to hide at night.

Feedback Score
    Only two complaints about the rifle.

Wished the stock had a tool-less adjustable LoP.

A 10 or 20 MOA rail on the receiver.

Yes, I would have paid more for those two items to be OEM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I was hoping to grab another NF scope but I couldn’t pass up the sale on the Vortex Strike Eagle.
    Congrats on the buy, those are well made accurate rifles that'll usually be a shooter.

If you're going to shoot at any distance beyond a few hundred yards or hunting, just a suggestion, I'd go with your original impulse and upgrade your glass. A quality rifle like that deserves quality glass worth at least the cost of the rifle.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Both of my Tikka have been GTG.
    Agree with above, good glass increases the utility and enjoyment of the rifle.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I took her out today and got 40 rounds down the barrel. The rifle shoots great (I’ll get pictures up tomorrow) but I didn’t get to run the whole gambit of ammo I brought with me.

I should have went with my first choice of glass. The Vortex is out of commission. I tried to get good pictures but that was impossible to do using an iPhone. Best way to explain it is, there’s a whole bunch of trash and dirt floating around inside the scope.

The glass was clear, no deformations, no issues what so ever prior to shooting. It was round #30 when I noticed a whole bunch of “things” stuck to the glass. At first I thought it was just dust/debris from outside, so I wiped it down and blew it off real quick but there was no change. Every time I pulled the trigger, the stuff would move or more stuff would appear.

I’ll pull the scope and take it back. Maybe I can get credit towards new glass.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Bummer.
    Sounds like “dust/debris” from INSIDE the scope.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast