Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 80% "Glocks" - what's your experience?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    No each side separate. Took some machining classes in college so I had a good grasp on it. Followed them up with a hand drill to just chace the holes after assembling a few times with a hammer and punches. They fit better now. Better to be tight than falling out loose.
    Nice..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 12-29-21 at 01:58. Reason: ...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Does anyone make a polymer 80 frame that works with gen 5 parts?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not that I'm aware of.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I put one together and I’m not too crazy about it. I have a few issues with it. I’ve emailed the company and they blow me off. I’m using stock Glock internals with Brownell’s slide and barrel.

Feedback Score
    Czgunner, what are the issues you are experiencing?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What're the problems? Maybe we can help.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Czgunner, what are the issues you are experiencing?

I finished my PF940CL build recently and have noticed that my slide doesn't easily return to battery. I always have to push it forward, sometimes even when firing, but almost always when manually running the slide. The connector rubs pretty hard on my slide and end plate. My factory Glock 19 does not have this level of interference. Also the rear edge of the cruciform/trigger is rubbing badly on my end plate. It has removed the finish in one spot. If I strip the slide and remove the barrel, it moves freely on the rails.

P80 gave me a run around about “just shoot it”, but I don’t think that’s the answer. It doesn’t seem to be getting any better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I finished my PF940CL build recently and have noticed that my slide doesn't easily return to battery. I always have to push it forward, sometimes even when firing, but almost always when manually running the slide. The connector rubs pretty hard on my slide and end plate. My factory Glock 19 does not have this level of interference. Also the rear edge of the cruciform/trigger is rubbing badly on my end plate. It has removed the finish in one spot. If I strip the slide and remove the barrel, it moves freely on the rails.

P80 gave me a run around about “just shoot it”, but I don’t think that’s the answer. It doesn’t seem to be getting any better.
    Can you identify any areas that are causing the bind? I had to do some minor filing and polishing on my build. I too had occasional failure to return to battery. My rail inserts were not quite square when checked using a straight edge. I cleaned them up and the problem is resolved.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How many rounds through it?
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 12-29-21 at 01:58.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast