Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 80% "Glocks" - what's your experience?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 12-29-21 at 02:00.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Assembly instructions specifically say not to use a drill press. Recommends hand drill/vise, and best to do holes before tabs.
    Yes. Don’t use a drill press. Too much torque that can lead to breaking the frame. Dremel press with mineral oil works great though.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I've been heavily contemplating a p80 build before the end of January. I appreciate you guys turning me on to MGB's videos. Looks like I need a few more dremel attachments to really make this thing perfect. He brought a lot of things up that I wouldn't have thought about, like the gen 3 vs gen 4 ejector and extractor issues. I think clearing the channel and cleaning it up will be my biggest concern, but it looks like taking it slow and being patient is the key.

Feedback Score
    They are a joke.

People messing with them are just flushing money away and making parts harder to come by for real Glocks

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We watched a few videos on these things and said "hell no". I'm fairly mechanical, but this looked like more ass ache than it was worth.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 12-29-21 at 02:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    They're not hard to do at all.

If you can assemble an AR from scratch, you can do one of these. Easier than you'd think.
    ^^^THIS^^^

I think I said so before, but if you can tie your own shoes you can do this. If you can't and have to use velcro shoes it is probably 50/50.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I used a drill press so I could get the holes perpendicular to the outside. One side then flip and do other side, not straight through. Now that I have my newest gen ejector and 9mm extractors I need to run some rounds for function test. Converted .40 to 9mm and was tired of random brass to face.

Feedback Score
    I built a compact/G26 version "just because." It did have a few feed problems in the first ~50 rounds, but has been 100% after that to somewhere around the 500 mark. Slide mated to rails well from the start, and is pretty much the same smoothness as my factory (Austria) G26 at this point. I used all Glock components except for a Lone Wolf trigger. I did find that I was shooting it better than my G26 until I swapped that trigger out for a smooth one, and now they are about equal in my hands.

The main idea behind getting it was to have a dedicated bedside piece with the ability to mount a light, but haven't felt the need for that yet, and am more used to a weak-side flashlight anyway.

It was an interesting project. Between the two, the Gen 3 G26 feels slightly more secure and points a little better for me, but the P80 is still very comfortable.

Agree with the ratings on difficulty, but would add "falling down stairs" to the list.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Prices and availability have been stupid on these, but I saw this on another board:

https://www.lakearmory.com/pf940v2-8...it--black.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast