Thread: 143gr ELDx

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

143gr ELDx

I really like this bullet.

I load 140 ELDM for PRS and loaded 143 ELDX to the same CBTO with the same charge and primer for hunting. POI is exactly the same out to 300y, and close enough the same out to 500. Beyond 500 the 143s seem to fly a bit higher which I was surprised about, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable hunting at that range anyway - especially since I only have an 18” barrel and the longer time of flight runs into possibilities of a deer taking a turn and getting a gut shot or something.

Dropped my first white tail yesterday with that bullet. 150lb 8pt at 100y. I only had a few seconds from when I saw him to when I had to shoot before he disappeared, so POI was slightly higher than I would have liked - About midway up his body directly behind the shoulder blade. Still blew out his lungs and he died about 50y away.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think we shot a box of those trying to make 6.5 sing. I've been loading the 140s lately too for range shooting.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    We run the same bullets for range/hunting.
    Last year was our first deer season with the 6.5s.
    Took a young 6 pt. “Meat buck” at 340 yds with the 143s. Bullet placement was spot on, shot was not rushed.
    The buck was walking up a game trail in a slight incline, unaware of us.
    The 143 performed as expected.
    My sense is the 140s would do same on Whitetail size game, even with assumed thinner jackets.
    Larger, tougher game like Elk would be a different story I would guess.
    The sedate velocities of the 6.5 would seem to not be as rough on bullets as the 3K FPS + magnums.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Have killed two mule deer bucks and one cow elk with factory 6.5 CM 143 ELDX.

All put the animal down within 20 yards. Not one bullet exited. All fragmented greatly and did extensive internal damage. Ranges from 100 to 325 yards.

Found two jackets with a bit of lead in the base. Bits and pieces of lead and jacket scattered considerably within the animal.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 11-05-20 at 23:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a few friends that hunt with the 143 ELD-X and one friend that hunts and shoots competition with it.

The givers have taken several mule deer, about 5 elk, a pronghorn, and a sheep with the bullet. Its performed well every time and the shots on the elk have either gone completely through or were found mushroomed under the off side hide.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Great bullets, I just bought two boxes of the 220's ELD-X. Dropped my Elk with this bullet, pretty good bullets.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Great bullets, I just bought two boxes of the 220's ELD-X. Dropped my Elk with this bullet, pretty good bullets.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"