Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The German 7.92x33 Kurz round

Feedback Score
    Somewhere in the last week, I saw a post about a handful of StG44s and 30 rounds of 7.92x33 for sale in Syria or Kurdistan IIRC. Evidently the issue in Syria is that ammunition is unavailable but the rifles still show up occasionally in the Civil War.

I believe the backstory is the Czechs sold a slew of StG44s to Syria out of WWII leftovers in the 1950s. Maybe even some the StGs even came from the French direct to the Syrians around the founding of Israel. Either way, those classic Nazi guns were being warehoused for the last 75 years giver or take.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I think Iran got quite a few also.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    wish I could get my hands on one

Feedback Score
    Will came across a few 44s in Iraq during various seizure/turn in inventories. As I recall, one was in mint condition. Damn near broke his heart to send them for destruction. He wanted to fire one, but no ammo. There are still examples to be found, especially in Southern Asia.

Would the round be viable today? What is your definition of viable? It still goes bang, but there would be no good reason to try to resurrect the cartridge. It was looked at post war, but did not catch on. Intermediate cartridges are more common now, and there are better options available.

There are armories in Central and South America that still have rolling blocks in .43 Spanish that doesn't make the caliber relevant or viable.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    It would be interesting to own personally, maybe use for fun as a plinker, short range varmint and deer, etc. Definitely cool conversation piece for the historical significance, probably a fun pet project. It just doesn't have the infrastructure behind it-- single brass source, less popular caliber and niche use grain weights, dies, etc.

Feedback Score
    I had no idea this ammo was still being made. Very cool round, and very cool rifle it was made for.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I got to shoot one- STG 44, about two years ago at a machine gun shoot in Oklahoma. Pretty cool gun, and definitely a "list" sort of thing for me.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    I remember seeing ISIS scoring a cache of Stg 44s a few years ago.
    Amazing how a supposedly ragtag group of amateur clowns somehow has access to drones, high explosives, artillery, thermal vision, anti-material rifles and apparently super rare vintage guns too. Makes one wonder about what we're being told.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meausoc View Post
    Prvi-Partizan still loads it.
    Yep. Cheaper than fmj 7.62x51 in dystopia 2020.

https://www.lg-outdoors.com/Product/...?source=A10001

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    wish I could get my hands on one
    Hill & Mac Gunworks sells an accurate replica, available in 5.56, 300bo, 7.62x39, and the original 8mm Kurz
    looking at their website its currently in stock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast