Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACRO for duty use?

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)

ACRO for duty use?

My department has recently authorized the use of a rds for our Glocks.

My understand the battery life issue, I wouldn’t have a problem changing the battery every month, I can get 10 batteries for $10.
    My question is to anyone that has used both the ACRO, and the RMR and if you can give any insight.
    I like that the ACRO has the enclosed emitter, along with no tint. From online videos it appears the ACRO, has a bigger field of view.

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    If I were a cop I wouldn't want either. If they made me do it I would choose the RMR. The ACRO with it's square faces looks like it would snag stuff more than the MRO. I shot IPSC for many years. My holster to first shot times were the same speed with both limited and open guns on targets inside of 3-5 yards where I really wasn't looking for a sight picture. I think using a gun enough that it becomes part of you is more important than what sights are on it.

Feedback Score
    I like my ACRO more than the RMR. The open emitter has burned me before, though it was a fairly specific circumstance (urban prone, RMR, MasterFire holster; filled the optic with sand, which did not clear upon firing due to a bit of sand getting stuck in front of the emitter). Beyond that, the lack of tint I like; while the tint is not an issue in good lighting conditions, IME, it becomes much more problematic when shooting in low light against smaller targets with low contrast, particularly if there are some scratches and/or debris. I found this out at a class while shooting at smaller steel targets at distance, during a rainy day; using the dirty/tinted RDS as just an OEG doesn't really work that well because you now have two different, busy images you're trying to reconcile in your head, rather than simply one image against a black background with a red dot, IME. Lastly, not needing to remove the battery to change it is awesome, for my OCD, as I would always re-zero after a battery change, which entailed spending ammo, time, and gas (though realistically, there was minimal change in POI usually).

Can't say I've ever had it snag on anything.

I change my batteries every 2 weeks, out of an abundance of caution; I have had it go 3 weeks without issue, with the optic being set on the second highest setting; for reference, I changed my RMR batteries every 6 months.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 11-05-20 at 11:20.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Sage Dynamics has good Youtube vids on these.

I would personally prob wait for the holosun 509T. 50k Battery and from his testing they are GTG

https://holosun.com/index.php/index/...il/id/117.html

ETA- Yes it is made in China which sucks. I try to avoid buying Chinese as much as i can. The Holosun is not only cheaper but has a much better battery life. Not sure why they can do it an Aimpoint cant.
    Last edited by everready73; 11-06-20 at 11:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Sage Dynamics has good Youtube vids on these.

I would personally prob wait for the holosun 509T. 50k Battery and from his testing they are GTG

https://holosun.com/index.php/index/...il/id/117.html

ETA- Yes it is made in China which sucks. I try to avoid buying Chinese as much as i can. The Holosun is not only cheaper but has a much better battery life. Not sure why they can do it an Aimpoint cant.
    I had on china optics all the time but once in awhile you gotta give credit where is due.

Agreed why can't aimpoint get more battery life.

Also aimpoint released the t1 with a 4 moa dot. 2 moa over took it as the most popular option. Why are pistol optics so popular with such large dots. I prefer smaller did personally. Like a 1 moa rnr.

I can't wait for the gen 2 acro. Good concept, strong concept. Not quite better than an rmr. Hopefully the innovation doesn't stop yet because the rmr could be refined. I'm just a mech who shoots for fun so don't mistake me for a pro.
    Last edited by Twilk73; 11-11-20 at 12:52.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Part 2 of the LAV Torture Test...

Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    My department has recently authorized the use of a rds for our Glocks.

My understand the battery life issue, I wouldn’t have a problem changing the battery every month, I can get 10 batteries for $10.
    My question is to anyone that has used both the ACRO, and the RMR and if you can give any insight.
    I like that the ACRO has the enclosed emitter, along with no tint. From online videos it appears the ACRO, has a bigger field of view.

Thank you.

If you don't mind the battery issue then sure, have at it. That said, a month may be optimistic in my experience.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    If you don't mind the battery issue then sure, have at it. That said, a month may be optimistic in my experience.

MrG&G...can you update us on something you said in a Holosun review awhile back..that Mr. Holosun was considering opening two factories here in the USA to make his products? Whats the latest on that?
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 11-15-20 at 21:14.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post

I would also be turning off after my 10 hour shift, so I would assume by doing this I could get a month out of one battery.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast